Peace and Justice
Wadah Khanfar: Hope for the Arab World
Mar 15, 2011
- Video: The head of Al Jazeera shares his hope for the Arab world's new future—and how we can all help it grow.
The Wind of Change—In the Arab World and Beyond
by Immanuel WallersteinMar 08, 2011
- Lessons from revolutions past: How the rest of us will need to adapt to changing geopolitics.
Lessons and Signs of Hope Amidst the Carnage in Libya
by Stephen ZunesFeb 25, 2011
- Gaddafi's violence is backfiring as many of those who work for his regime—from pilots to soldiers to diplomats—are refusing to continue.
Libya and Beyond: What’s Next for Democracy?
by Phyllis BennisFeb 24, 2011
- Phyllis Bennis on why Libya differs from other pro-democracy uprisings in the region.
Thank You, Egypt
by Adrienne Maree BrownFeb 11, 2011
- An American organizer on Egypt's lessons in people power.
In Egypt, Something Rare and Remarkable
by Katherine GustafsonFeb 10, 2011
- From Cairo, a first-person account of the way Egyptians supported and protected one another during the historic protests that led to the departure of President Hosni Mubarak.
Revolution Doesn't Happen Overnight
by Stephen ZunesFeb 08, 2011
- Those who were expecting a quick victory in Egypt are no doubt disappointed, but successful People Power movements of recent decades have usually been protracted struggles.
Tunisia, Egypt, and the Big Picture
by Nafeez Mosaddeq AhmedFeb 02, 2011
- Egypt lies on the fault lines of the convergence of global ecological, energy, and economic crises—and thus, on the frontlines of deepening global system failure.
Egypt: Lessons in Democracy
by Stephen ZunesFeb 01, 2011
- Could 2011 be to the Arab world what 1989 was to Eastern Europe?
A Real Solution to Global Debt Crises
by Julia DowlingDec 02, 2010
- Why the world needs a fair and transparent process for dealing with debt.
WikiLeaks: Pentagon Papers 2.0?
by Phyllis BennisJul 27, 2010
- The WikiLeaks documents tell us what we already knew: This war isn't winnable. Can they help us stop it?
France (Not) to Repay Debt to Haiti
by Brooke JarvisJul 15, 2010
- A prank website is bringing France's colonial crimes into the spotlight.
An End to Constant War
by William J. AstoreJul 09, 2010
- Seven reasons we're always at war ... and seven ways to quit.
In Afghan Negotiations, Who’s at the Table?
by Phyllis BennisMay 14, 2010
- A real path to peace will involve a lot more players (and fewer soldiers).
Afghanistan: Should We Stay or Should We Go?
by Mark EnglerMay 04, 2010
- The time has come for a U.S. exit strategy in Afghanistan. But is "Out Now" a valid response? David Wildman, Sunita Viswanath, and Lorelei Kelly discuss how can we best support Afghan national stability.