Peace and Justice
Fighting Terror with Law and Dignity
by Tom AndrewsMay 22, 2008
- The driving force behind our military build-up has been the so-called “War on Terror.” But what strategies are actually effective in combating terrorism? Tom Andrews, former member of Congress, explains what works in Fighting Terror with Law and Dignity.
Family Reunions Build Bridges to Cuba
by Elizabeth CerejidoMay 22, 2008
- If there’s one thing Cubans in Miami share with compatriots in Cuba, it’s a desire to travel freely—especially to visit family. Lifting the U.S. travel ban could open all kinds of doors.
8 Experts Show the Way to a New Role for the U.S.
May 22, 2008
- How can we transform our most difficult global relationships? 8 experts give their best advice on a new role for the U.S.
The Way to a Just Foreign Policy
by John FefferMay 22, 2008
- It’s time to leave behind old ideas of superpowers. A changing world brings new opportunities for peace and the chance to join a community of nations.
Base Closure Movements :: From Okinawa to Italy
May 19, 2008
- Activists all over the world connect through No-bases.net
Navigating The Great Turning From Empire To Earth Community
by David KortenMay 13, 2008
- Read the transcript of David Korten’s presentation at the Seattle Green Festival, April 2008: Navigating The Great Turning From Empire To Earth Community.
A Just Foreign Policy :: Resource Guide
by Noah Grant, Christiane RancMay 09, 2008
- A resource guide on foreign policy actions. Ways to Take Action and Get Connected: Support returning veterans, Promote Economic Justice, Abolish Nuclear Weapons, End the War, Be a Citizen Diplomat, Protect Human Rights.
Sweet Mother Tour
Apr 30, 2008
- The Sweet Mother Tour has brought positive music, videos, and stories about Africa to 146 million viewers through television and radio broadcasts in more than 45 countries. The goal: to bring to Africa a sense of empowerment and cultural self-worth as a foundation for cultural progress.
How Likely Is Collapse?
by Michael MarienMay 10, 2006
- Why is all this gloom and doom appearing in YES? The first step toward a positive future at the individual, community, society, or global level is to address seriously the problem at hand and take meaningful action.
The Great Turning: From Empire to Earth Community
by David KortenMay 08, 2006
- How will future generations remember our time? As the time when climate chaos, peak oil, and an unstable global economy unraveled society? Or as the time of a Great Turning?
New Cosmology: A Great Story—Our Common Story
by K. Lauren de BoerFeb 21, 2006
- Could a story of awe at the unfolding of the universe be a story in which we can all find a home?
New Awareness: A New (and Ancient) Understanding of Who We Are
by Fran KortenFeb 17, 2006
- Human beings are becoming aware for a second time that we are not the central inhabitants of the Earth.
The Prophets Versus Empire
by Richard LangOct 31, 2005
- Is it time for Americans to build a culture that rejects empire and adopts the principles of the Jubilee?
Book Review: Dilemmas of Domination by Walden Bello
by Saul LandauSep 26, 2005
- Walden Bello, scholar activist, has written a manifesto on how globalization works and fails.
Limits of Empire
by James K. GalbraithSep 14, 2005
- We need a new vision of who we are in the world. Let it rest on building up our friends and neighbors. Let us again be committed to building the core capacities—in education, public health, housing, and transport—that underpin real development.