Peace and Justice
Waiting for War
by David Smith-FerriMar 10, 2003
- Do Iraqis want an American invasion to free them from Saddam Hussein?
From Empire to Earth Community
by David C. KortenMar 10, 2003
- We can choose a path of patient and compassionate justice that respects life, the rights of the innocent, and the rule of law in a cooperative international effort to bring the guilty to justice, as we simultaneously work to bring justice to the world by creating a world that works for all.
Instead of Empire
by Sarah Ruth van GelderDec 31, 2002
- Phylis Bennis, Harlan Cleveland, Frank T. Griswold, Michael Lerner, and Marc Luyckx :: A roundtable exploration of what might happen if the U.S. chose a path that is neither the Clinton-promoted future of corporate globalization, nor the Bush Doctrine of endless war.
The Failure of War
by Wendell BerryNov 05, 2001
- Why do we always think we can put an end to killing by waging war? It never works, for reasons that should be obvious.
In the Eyes of the World
by Walden BelloNov 05, 2001
- The Ugly American lives on and he's undermining our chance for peace says this Third World writer.