Peace and Justice
5 Protests That Shook the World (With Laughter)
by The Yes MenJul 12, 2011
- Great moments in “laughtivism” from Yes Men Andy Bichlbaum and Mike Bonanno, the guys who duped the BBC, embarrassed Dow Chemical, and mocked Halliburton.
An Appeal to U2: Who is More Rooted?
by Robin Broad, John CavanaghJul 04, 2011
- Anti-poverty crusaders like Bono call critical attention to what's wrong with the world. But what if we also showed who's doing it right?
U.S. Mayors: End the Wars, Please
by John NicholsJun 22, 2011
- U.S. mayors: The money we spend on military adventures abroad could be better spent meeting needs at home.
Two Points for the Tea Party. Now What?
by David KortenJun 16, 2011
- We can all agree that we've got deficit and spending problems. But where do we go from here?
Mexicans Reject U.S.-Backed Drug War
by Laura CarlsenMay 19, 2011
- Led by a popular poet, tens of thousands of protesters fill the streets of Mexico to speak out against the war on drugs.
Making a Living
by David KortenMay 09, 2011
- We can all live well with what Earth provides—if we seek to make a living rather than a killing.
Time to End the War
by Robert NaimanMay 02, 2011
- Even before the death of Osama bin Laden, Americans and Afghans felt it was time to begin bringing our troops home and handing back sovereignty to the Afghan people.
The World of Our Dreams
by David KortenApr 18, 2011
- I find hope in the fact that for all our wondrous differences, at the core we humans all want most of the same things. Fortunately, what we want aligns with where we need to go.
War Is Not Peace
by Christa HillstromApr 08, 2011
- For decades, School of the Americas Watch founder Father Roy Bourgeois has argued that embracing militarism will never bring us the security we seek. But he thinks he knows what will.
The End of Empire
by David KortenMar 28, 2011
- Wall Street’s days are numbered. Ours need not be.
Haiti: Resilience or Interference?
by Madeline OstranderMar 24, 2011
- Aristide's return to Haiti is a chance to ask what role the U.S. will play in the nation's future.
Why We Revolt
by Rebecca SolnitMar 24, 2011
- Rebecca Solnit: When and how does the moment come when people stop believing in the power that has ruled them? When and how do ordinary people discover their own power?
Time to Grow Our Souls
by Grace Lee BoggsMar 22, 2011
- Grace Lee Boggs on what it will take to make the protests in Wisconsin and elsewhere truly transformative.
Wadah Khanfar: Hope for the Arab World
Mar 15, 2011
- Video: The head of Al Jazeera shares his hope for the Arab world's new future—and how we can all help it grow.
The Wind of Change—In the Arab World and Beyond
by Immanuel WallersteinMar 08, 2011
- Lessons from revolutions past: How the rest of us will need to adapt to changing geopolitics.