Time to join the community of nations.
Sweet Mother Tour
posted Apr 30, 2008
- The Sweet Mother Tour has brought positive music, videos, and stories about Africa to 146 million viewers through television and radio broadcasts in more than 45 countries. The goal: to bring to Africa a sense of empowerment and cultural self-worth as a foundation for cultural progress.
How Likely Is Collapse?
by Michael Marienposted May 10, 2006
- Why is all this gloom and doom appearing in YES? The first step toward a positive future at the individual, community, society, or global level is to address seriously the problem at hand and take meaningful action.
The Great Turning: From Empire to Earth Community
by David Kortenposted May 08, 2006
- How will future generations remember our time? As the time when climate chaos, peak oil, and an unstable global economy unraveled society? Or as the time of a Great Turning?
New Cosmology: A Great Story—Our Common Story
by K. Lauren de Boerposted Feb 21, 2006
- Could a story of awe at the unfolding of the universe be a story in which we can all find a home?
New Awareness: A New (and Ancient) Understanding of Who We Are
by Fran Kortenposted Feb 17, 2006
- Human beings are becoming aware for a second time that we are not the central inhabitants of the Earth.
The Prophets Versus Empire
by Richard Langposted Oct 31, 2005
- Is it time for Americans to build a culture that rejects empire and adopts the principles of the Jubilee?
Book Review: Dilemmas of Domination by Walden Bello
by Saul Landauposted Sep 26, 2005
- Walden Bello, scholar activist, has written a manifesto on how globalization works and fails.
Limits of Empire
by James K. Galbraithposted Sep 14, 2005
- We need a new vision of who we are in the world. Let it rest on building up our friends and neighbors. Let us again be committed to building the core capacities—in education, public health, housing, and transport—that underpin real development.
In Review :: After the Empire: The Breakdown of the American Order
by David Kortenposted Aug 20, 2004
- Is the American empire waning? David Korten reviews a book by French demographer Emmanuel Todd.
Waiting for War
by David Smith-Ferriposted Mar 10, 2003
- Do Iraqis want an American invasion to free them from Saddam Hussein?
From Empire to Earth Community
by David C. Kortenposted Mar 10, 2003
- We can choose a path of patient and compassionate justice that respects life, the rights of the innocent, and the rule of law in a cooperative international effort to bring the guilty to justice, as we simultaneously work to bring justice to the world by creating a world that works for all.
Instead of Empire
by Sarah Ruth van Gelderposted Dec 31, 2002
- Phylis Bennis, Harlan Cleveland, Frank T. Griswold, Michael Lerner, and Marc Luyckx :: A roundtable exploration of what might happen if the U.S. chose a path that is neither the Clinton-promoted future of corporate globalization, nor the Bush Doctrine of endless war.
The Failure of War
by Wendell Berryposted Nov 05, 2001
- Why do we always think we can put an end to killing by waging war? It never works, for reasons that should be obvious.
In the Eyes of the World
by Walden Belloposted Nov 05, 2001
- The Ugly American lives on and he's undermining our chance for peace says this Third World writer.