Breaking the cycle of crime and punishment.
by Michael Jonasposted Sep 30, 2000
- In 1990 Boston had 152 killings; in 1999, the number had fallen to 30, not one of them a juvenile. Boston's nationally acclaimed approach to stemming gang violence and youth crime is examined.
by Sarah van Gelderposted Sep 30, 2000
- Involving victims in the criminal justice system can lead to healing, community empowerment, and fewer repeated offenses.
by Carol Estesposted Sep 30, 2000
- the War on Drugs: the social cost of the drug war and the people in and out of the criminal justice system who are calling for an end to war.
Is It Time to Close the Prisons Discussion Guide
posted Sep 30, 2000
- Have you, or has someone close to you, spent time in jail or prison? What was the experience like? How did it change you/them?
Youth Court: Jury of Their Peers
by Edgar S. Cahnposted Sep 30, 2000
- The Time Dollar Youth Court in Washington, D.C. for first time juvenile offenders aims to keep first offenders from becoming hardened criminals.
Drama Behind Bars
by Zootposted Jun 30, 1998
- Can an actor and playwright bring discipline and racial harmony to inmates of California's toughest prisons? Zoot helps prisoners in his drama program transform into "Urban Legends"