Peace and Justice
Gender and Justice in Haiti
by Beverly BellFeb 17, 2010
- Beverly Bell remembers Magalie Marcelin, a leader of Haiti's movement for women's rights, who was killed during the earthquake.
Fighting Like Hell
by Beverly BellFeb 11, 2010
- Haiti has a long history of exploitation, but an equally long history of powerful resistance.
A Victory for Haiti
by Hayley HathawayFeb 10, 2010
- How an international, grassroots mobilization helped spur the G7's decision to cancel Haiti's onerous foreign debt.
Cancel Haiti's Debt
by Sarah van GelderJan 27, 2010
- There's a growing movement to cancel Haiti's foreign debt as a way to return to the Haitian people the authority to rebuild their lives and their country.
Haiti Needs Aid, Not Militarization
by Phyllis BennisJan 20, 2010
- In the rush to provide life-saving aid to the people of Haiti, the U.S. military needs to get its priorities straight.
What You Can Do to Help Haiti
by Sarah van GelderJan 13, 2010
- The best options for helping the Haitian people recover from the devastating January 12 earthquake.
by Rinku SenDec 15, 2009
- ColorLines' Rinku Sen finds this guide useful for "anyone who stays close to the ground as they help to change that landscape".
People We Love :: Bahati Kizungu
by Lynsi BurtonDec 15, 2009
- Reporting for children’s rights.
Veteran Fasts for Peace
by Brooke JarvisNov 21, 2009
- Concerned for the mental health of soldiers, Thomas Mahany wrote a letter asking President Obama to "deal with the cause, not just the effect" of war's trauma by bringing troops home.
Fort Hood: We're Killing Ourselves
by Grace Lee BoggsNov 18, 2009
- Grace Boggs on breaking free from cycles of violence.
Let's Think Peace
Sep 21, 2009
- Huong, an artist, peace activist, and former refugee who fled her native Vietnam in 1975, has painted her visions of war and peace for more than three decades.
Youths Face the Holocaust
by Lynsi BurtonSep 09, 2009
- Facing History connects students to people who have witnessed injustice, like artist and Holocaust survivor Ava Kadishson Schieber.
Healing Power of Prison Poetry
by Eli HastingsSep 09, 2009
- Writers help teens in jail learn to express difficult truths by putting pencil to paper.
YES! Film Picks: War Child / The End of Poverty?
Feb 13, 2009
- Reviews of some of our favorite films of the season.
In Review :: Bill Cleveland’s Art and Upheaval
by Brooke JarvisFeb 13, 2009
- Review of Art and Upheaval: Artists on the World's Frontlines, by Bill Cleveland