Peace and Justice
Rachel Corrie and the Image of Israel
by Neve GordonMar 18, 2010
- Commentary: What can we learn from Israel's response to the death of Rachel Corrie, who was crushed by a bulldozer while protesting the demolition of Palestinian homes in the Gaza strip?
What Haitians Want from Americans (and What They Don't)
by Beverly BellMar 17, 2010
- We asked Haitians in civil society organizations, on the streets, in buses, “What do you want from the U.S.? What help can Americans give Haiti?” Here are some of their answers.
Haitian Women Mourn the Dead, Recommit to the Living
by Beverly BellMar 08, 2010
- In Haiti, International Women's Day is a reminder of what women have done and are still doing to keep hope alive.
A Future for Agriculture, A Future for Haiti
by Beverly BellMar 04, 2010
- Haiti's way forward is tied to food sovereignty and a renewed focus on local agriculture.
Everyday Conversations to Heal Racism
by Roberto VargasMar 04, 2010
- 5 steps to courageous conversations about race and culture.
Gender and Justice in Haiti
by Beverly BellFeb 17, 2010
- Beverly Bell remembers Magalie Marcelin, a leader of Haiti's movement for women's rights, who was killed during the earthquake.
Fighting Like Hell
by Beverly BellFeb 11, 2010
- Haiti has a long history of exploitation, but an equally long history of powerful resistance.
A Victory for Haiti
by Hayley HathawayFeb 10, 2010
- How an international, grassroots mobilization helped spur the G7's decision to cancel Haiti's onerous foreign debt.
Cancel Haiti's Debt
by Sarah van GelderJan 27, 2010
- There's a growing movement to cancel Haiti's foreign debt as a way to return to the Haitian people the authority to rebuild their lives and their country.
Haiti Needs Aid, Not Militarization
by Phyllis BennisJan 20, 2010
- In the rush to provide life-saving aid to the people of Haiti, the U.S. military needs to get its priorities straight.
What You Can Do to Help Haiti
by Sarah van GelderJan 13, 2010
- The best options for helping the Haitian people recover from the devastating January 12 earthquake.
by Rinku SenDec 15, 2009
- ColorLines' Rinku Sen finds this guide useful for "anyone who stays close to the ground as they help to change that landscape".
People We Love :: Bahati Kizungu
by Lynsi BurtonDec 15, 2009
- Reporting for children’s rights.
Veteran Fasts for Peace
by Brooke JarvisNov 21, 2009
- Concerned for the mental health of soldiers, Thomas Mahany wrote a letter asking President Obama to "deal with the cause, not just the effect" of war's trauma by bringing troops home.
Fort Hood: We're Killing Ourselves
by Grace Lee BoggsNov 18, 2009
- Grace Boggs on breaking free from cycles of violence.