Peace and Justice
Danny Glover: The Black Power Mixtape
Jan 28, 2011
- Amy Goodman sits down with Danny Glover at the Sundance Film Festival to talk about his new documentary, The Black Power Mixtape.
Shifting Sands: Jewish Women Confront the Israeli Occupation
by Linda FrankDec 21, 2010
- 14 women find their voice in this collection of essays.
Cancún: Changing the Climate Conversation
by Madeline OstranderDec 14, 2010
- Seven years ago, activists in Cancún started a powerful international movement. How can climate justice advocates have the same impact?
Working in the Shadows
by Carlos JimenezDec 13, 2010
- A year undercover in the jobs most Americans won't do.
At Climate Talks, an Answer Grows Outside
by Luis A. UbiñasDec 09, 2010
- In Mexico, communities own and manage their own forests, a proven method for reducing deforestation.
Teen Bullying: It’s Up to Us
by Benjamin A. TalaricoDec 02, 2010
- Why one gay teen is motivated to support the teenage victims of homophobic bullying.
Nov 15, 2010
- Video: Go behind the scenes of Lynn Nottage's Pulitzer-prize winning play.
Episcopal Church Works on Same-Sex Blessings
by Tiffany RanNov 14, 2010
- The birth of a new rite for gay and lesbian couples.
Why I Have Hope for Haiti
by Beverly BellNov 12, 2010
- When people ask me, as they do all the time, “Is there any cause for hope in Haiti?” I answer yes.
Trick-or-Treat, In Reverse
by Christa HillstromOct 29, 2010
- This Halloween, a new breed of activists is coming to your door: They’re costumed, committed, and about four and a half feet tall.
Slavery Goes Public
by Christa HillstromOct 21, 2010
- Are the products you buy tainted by slavery and child labor? A new California law can help you find out.
No One Is Illegal: Why We’re Signing the I-Word Pledge
by Sarah van GelderSep 30, 2010
- YES! Magazine is taking the pledge: We will not refer to people as “illegals.”
We Need Millennium Development RIGHTS, Not Just Goals
by Phyllis BennisSep 24, 2010
- Millennium Development Rights would transform the global struggle against poverty and provide accountability for governments, corporations, and others who deny those rights.
Raffi: Building A World Fit for Children
by Raffi CavoukianSep 16, 2010
- A movement to put children’s rights at the center of our collective decisions is taking hold—and it’s good news for adults, too.
U.N. Vote on Water, Sanitation Rights
by Daniel MossSep 09, 2010
- The resolution to act on the world's "most violated human right."