Dignity and freedom for all.
Domestic Workers Win Bill of Rights
by Caitlin Battersbyposted Mar 08, 2011
- A long-excluded workforce finally gets the protections it deserves.
Civil Disobedience on Trial: Tim DeChristopher Convicted
by Brooke Jarvisposted Mar 03, 2011
- How does the United States try cases of civil disobedience? Activist Tim DeChristopher on how much has changed since the founding fathers.
Lessons and Signs of Hope Amidst the Carnage in Libya
by Stephen Zunesposted Feb 25, 2011
- Gaddafi's violence is backfiring as many of those who work for his regime—from pilots to soldiers to diplomats—are refusing to continue.
YES! We Can Reinvent a Failed Prison System
by Sarah van Gelderposted Feb 16, 2011
- YES! Magazine's summer issue will grapple with how to solve the U.S.'s prison problem. Here's a look at what we're planning—and a chance to share your ideas.
In Egypt, Something Rare and Remarkable
by Katherine Gustafsonposted Feb 10, 2011
- From Cairo, a first-person account of the way Egyptians supported and protected one another during the historic protests that led to the departure of President Hosni Mubarak.
Danny Glover: The Black Power Mixtape
posted Jan 28, 2011
- Amy Goodman sits down with Danny Glover at the Sundance Film Festival to talk about his new documentary, The Black Power Mixtape.
Shifting Sands: Jewish Women Confront the Israeli Occupation
by Linda Frankposted Dec 21, 2010
- 14 women find their voice in this collection of essays.
Cancún: Changing the Climate Conversation
by Madeline Ostranderposted Dec 14, 2010
- Seven years ago, activists in Cancún started a powerful international movement. How can climate justice advocates have the same impact?
Working in the Shadows
by Carlos Jimenezposted Dec 13, 2010
- A year undercover in the jobs most Americans won't do.
At Climate Talks, an Answer Grows Outside
by Luis A. Ubiñasposted Dec 09, 2010
- In Mexico, communities own and manage their own forests, a proven method for reducing deforestation.
Teen Bullying: It’s Up to Us
by Benjamin A. Talaricoposted Dec 02, 2010
- Why one gay teen is motivated to support the teenage victims of homophobic bullying.
posted Nov 15, 2010
- Video: Go behind the scenes of Lynn Nottage's Pulitzer-prize winning play.
Episcopal Church Works on Same-Sex Blessings
by Tiffany Ranposted Nov 14, 2010
- The birth of a new rite for gay and lesbian couples.
Why I Have Hope for Haiti
by Beverly Bellposted Nov 12, 2010
- When people ask me, as they do all the time, “Is there any cause for hope in Haiti?” I answer yes.
Trick-or-Treat, In Reverse
by Christa Hillstromposted Oct 29, 2010
- This Halloween, a new breed of activists is coming to your door: They’re costumed, committed, and about four and a half feet tall.