Dignity and freedom for all.
Immigrants & American-born: “Are you listening?”
by Pramila Jayapalposted Jul 30, 2008
- Pramila Jayapal talks about the "Night of 1000 Conversations". On June 19, people from different ethnic backgrounds sat down in small groups in cafes, homes, offices and union halls across the country. and discussed the role of immigration in the country’s past, present, and future.
Equality Ride :: Photos from the 2007 Tour
by Adam Britt, Amanda Harrisposted Jul 29, 2008
- Photos from the 2007 Equality Ride, bringing 50 riders to conservative campuses to show the humanity and spirituality of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people.
by Noah Grantposted Jul 29, 2008
- Noah Grant profiles the Equality Ride, a two-month road trip by a group of gay and lesbian youth to the most conservative campuses in the country. The goal: to connect with people who may never have spoken to an “out” gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender person.
It Takes a Child: Craig Kielburger
by Craig Kielburgerposted Jul 23, 2008
- Watch a film clip from the documentary “It Takes a Child,” the story of how a 12-year-old Craig Kielburger started his journey.
posted Jul 23, 2008
- A Documentary by United Food and Commercial Workers about the raids in Swift Meatpacking plants.
posted Jul 18, 2008
- Equality U is a feature-length documentary following 33 young activists on a cross-country tour to confront anti-gay discrimination policies at conservative religious colleges.
Bonnie Raitt & Dolores Huerta
by Bonnie Raitt, Dolores Huertaposted Jun 23, 2008
- Bonnie Raitt and Dolores Huerta dicsuss Union Organizing, NAFTA, Human Rights, Environmentalism, Nuclear Energy, Feminism
People We Love :: Don Cheadle
posted May 22, 2008
- Hotel Rwanda Actor Speaks Out on Darfur
Signs of Life :: Human Rights
by Brooke Jarvisposted May 22, 2008
- Chile Recognizes Indigenous Rights
China Blue trailer
posted Aug 12, 2007
- The trailer for China Blue, a powerful documentary about the sweatshop conditions in South China.
100 Years of Human Rights in the U.S.
posted May 03, 2007
- Explore 100 years of human rights achievements and losses in the US: racial justice, immigrant rights, women's rights, worker rights, and more.
posted Mar 23, 2007
- A selection from Eddie Adams' celebrated photographs of the lives of an extraordinary group of courageous individuals worldwide: the 'defenders' of human rights.
Poetry excerpt :: 'A Brave and Startling Truth'
by Maya Angelouposted Mar 22, 2007
- An excerpt from Maya Angelou's poem 'A Brave and Startling Truth.'
Is the U.S. Ready for Human Rights? :: Discussion Guide
by Catherine Bailey, Sarah Kuckposted Feb 22, 2007
- Think about the rights we have as human beings. How did they come to be agreed upon? How does the U.S. measure up in meeting those rights?
A User's Guide to Taking a Stand: Resource Guide
posted Feb 17, 2007
- These resources offer ways you can get involved with “Human Rights”. Consider your rights. Understand them. Appreciate their meaning. Then help others learn to do the same.