Dignity and freedom for all.
posted Jul 23, 2008
- A Documentary by United Food and Commercial Workers about the raids in Swift Meatpacking plants.
posted Jul 18, 2008
- Equality U is a feature-length documentary following 33 young activists on a cross-country tour to confront anti-gay discrimination policies at conservative religious colleges.
Bonnie Raitt & Dolores Huerta
by Bonnie Raitt, Dolores Huertaposted Jun 23, 2008
- Bonnie Raitt and Dolores Huerta dicsuss Union Organizing, NAFTA, Human Rights, Environmentalism, Nuclear Energy, Feminism
People We Love :: Don Cheadle
posted May 22, 2008
- Hotel Rwanda Actor Speaks Out on Darfur
Signs of Life :: Human Rights
by Brooke Jarvisposted May 22, 2008
- Chile Recognizes Indigenous Rights
China Blue trailer
posted Aug 12, 2007
- The trailer for China Blue, a powerful documentary about the sweatshop conditions in South China.
100 Years of Human Rights in the U.S.
posted May 03, 2007
- Explore 100 years of human rights achievements and losses in the US: racial justice, immigrant rights, women's rights, worker rights, and more.
posted Mar 23, 2007
- A selection from Eddie Adams' celebrated photographs of the lives of an extraordinary group of courageous individuals worldwide: the 'defenders' of human rights.
Poetry excerpt :: 'A Brave and Startling Truth'
by Maya Angelouposted Mar 22, 2007
- An excerpt from Maya Angelou's poem 'A Brave and Startling Truth.'
Is the U.S. Ready for Human Rights? :: Discussion Guide
by Catherine Bailey, Sarah Kuckposted Feb 22, 2007
- Think about the rights we have as human beings. How did they come to be agreed upon? How does the U.S. measure up in meeting those rights?
A User's Guide to Taking a Stand: Resource Guide
posted Feb 17, 2007
- These resources offer ways you can get involved with “Human Rights”. Consider your rights. Understand them. Appreciate their meaning. Then help others learn to do the same.
Yes. We're Ready: Human Rights Advocacy
by Larry Cox, Dorothy Thomasposted Feb 06, 2007
- Human rights are a powerful tool to break barriers, unite people in common cause, and show us the way to justice within and beyond our borders. Activists across the country are defining a new patriotism.
by Jesse Wegmanposted Feb 06, 2007
- The drive to punishment is making us forget that prisoners have a right to be heard.
Education, by Rights
by Liz Sullivan, Cecilia Blewerposted Feb 06, 2007
- Teach the Children: How do we build a school system that serves the needs of all students? Human rights provides a solid foundation.
Who's Afraid of Economic Rights?
by Carol Estesposted Feb 06, 2007
- Invisible Rights: We'll protect your right to vote. But not to eat. Economic human rights are in the Universal Declaration, but not in the U.S.