Dignity and freedom for all.
Mother of Exiles
by Pramila Jayapalposted Jul 20, 2004
- In the U.S. today, immigrants are taking the blame for everything from environmental stresses to terrorism to the poor job market. What’s at stake for all of us in this debate?
Etiquette for Activists
by Michael F. Leonenposted May 20, 2004
- Why do so many attempts to build coalitions across race and culture result in hurt and division? These seasoned activists offer tips on what makes the difference between success and disaster.
by Thomas Simonposted May 20, 2004
- UNC students debate with Pastor Fred Phelps and his anti-gay views.
Iraqi Americans Face FBI Inquiries
by Pramila Jayapalposted May 20, 2004
- U.S. Justice Department and FBI interview immigrants.
Second Chance For Black Farmers
by Carol Estesposted Jun 30, 2001
- A recent class-action suit by black farmers against the USDA fails to stem the loss of land by African American farmers.
Martin Luther King's Movement-Building Legacy
by Grace Lee Boggsposted Mar 31, 2001
- The struggle goes far beyond race and rights. We are in the early stages of a new democratic revolutionary movement.
Veterans of Hope: Ruby Sales
by Ruby Salesposted Oct 27, 2000
- In this Veterans of Hope interview, Ruby Sales tells of her release from prison in Haneyville, Alabama, where she and Jonathan Daniels, a white seminarian, had been registering people to vote.
Choose Life: End the Death Penalty
by Sister Helen Prejeanposted Sep 30, 2000
- Sister Helen's work with Patrick Sonnier and her campaign against the death penalty.
by Sarah van Gelderposted Oct 20, 1997
- Integral sex is built neither on a modern version of valueless freedom, nor on a traditionalist view that dogma should determine the nature of our relationships.