Peace and Justice
Equality Ride :: Photos from the 2007 Tour
by Adam Britt, Amanda HarrisJul 29, 2008
- Photos from the 2007 Equality Ride, bringing 50 riders to conservative campuses to show the humanity and spirituality of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people.
by Noah GrantJul 29, 2008
- Noah Grant profiles the Equality Ride, a two-month road trip by a group of gay and lesbian youth to the most conservative campuses in the country. The goal: to connect with people who may never have spoken to an “out” gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender person.
It Takes a Child: Craig Kielburger
by Craig KielburgerJul 23, 2008
- Watch a film clip from the documentary “It Takes a Child,” the story of how a 12-year-old Craig Kielburger started his journey.
Jul 23, 2008
- A Documentary by United Food and Commercial Workers about the raids in Swift Meatpacking plants.
Jul 18, 2008
- Equality U is a feature-length documentary following 33 young activists on a cross-country tour to confront anti-gay discrimination policies at conservative religious colleges.
Bonnie Raitt & Dolores Huerta
by Bonnie Raitt, Dolores HuertaJun 23, 2008
- Bonnie Raitt and Dolores Huerta dicsuss Union Organizing, NAFTA, Human Rights, Environmentalism, Nuclear Energy, Feminism
People We Love :: Don Cheadle
May 22, 2008
- Hotel Rwanda Actor Speaks Out on Darfur
Signs of Life :: Human Rights
by Brooke JarvisMay 22, 2008
- Chile Recognizes Indigenous Rights
China Blue trailer
Aug 12, 2007
- The trailer for China Blue, a powerful documentary about the sweatshop conditions in South China.
100 Years of Human Rights in the U.S.
May 03, 2007
- Explore 100 years of human rights achievements and losses in the US: racial justice, immigrant rights, women's rights, worker rights, and more.
Mar 23, 2007
- A selection from Eddie Adams' celebrated photographs of the lives of an extraordinary group of courageous individuals worldwide: the 'defenders' of human rights.
Poetry excerpt :: 'A Brave and Startling Truth'
by Maya AngelouMar 22, 2007
- An excerpt from Maya Angelou's poem 'A Brave and Startling Truth.'
Is the U.S. Ready for Human Rights? :: Discussion Guide
by Catherine Bailey, Sarah KuckFeb 22, 2007
- Think about the rights we have as human beings. How did they come to be agreed upon? How does the U.S. measure up in meeting those rights?
A User's Guide to Taking a Stand: Resource Guide
Feb 17, 2007
- These resources offer ways you can get involved with “Human Rights”. Consider your rights. Understand them. Appreciate their meaning. Then help others learn to do the same.
Yes. We're Ready: Human Rights Advocacy
by Larry Cox, Dorothy ThomasFeb 06, 2007
- Human rights are a powerful tool to break barriers, unite people in common cause, and show us the way to justice within and beyond our borders. Activists across the country are defining a new patriotism.