Peace and Justice
Debra Harry Stands Up For Native Knowledge
Aug 29, 2007
- Debra Harry Stands Up For Native Knowledge
Evo Morales: Indigenous Power
by Jubenal QuispeMay 11, 2007
- Evo Morales, Bolivia's first indigenous president, is forwarding a socially just agenda that promotes the country's sovereignty and multiculturalism.
Declaration of La Paz
by Jallalla Indigenous Pueblos and Nations of Abya YalaApr 07, 2007
- A message of resilience, hope and solidarity from the indigenous peoples of Abya Yala.
Evo's First Year
by Juliette BeckJan 25, 2007
- Evo Morales' first year as President of Bolivia: Race Conflict threatens division while Andean cultural traditions restore balance
Local Energy, Local Power
by Winona LaDukeNov 07, 2006
- Energy for Democracy - wind on the Great Plains could power the country. Tribes are working to bring energy production home.
Indigenous People Open Summit to Preserve Sacred Mountain
by Brian CisnerosAug 04, 2006
- On the first day of the Summit of Nations, attention is paid to an endangered mountain in the South Dakota badlands and a discussion of key issues.
Surviving Hard Times: It's not for sissies
by John MohawkMay 09, 2006
- Hopi and Iroquois prophecies draw on long cultural memories, offering practical approaches to surviving hard times.
Book Review: Every Day is a Good Day by Wilma Mankiller
by Lilja OttoApr 18, 2006
- Provides insights into the lives and ideas of indigenous women and invites readers to re-examine their own cultural and spiritual backgrounds.
Economic Rebirth After the Storm
by Meizhu LuiFeb 24, 2006
- United for a Fair Economy helps the devastated Houma Nation organize a new economic model for itself.
Indigenous Power: Indigenous Rights Go Global
by John MohawkFeb 20, 2006
- Indigenous peoples are asserting their moral right to live as distinct communities and reminding us of the power of cooperation with nature.
Bolivia Cheers Its New President
by Juliette BeckJan 23, 2006
- Crowds cheer as Evo Morales is sworn in as the first indigenous president of Bolivia.
Bolivia Elects Latin America's First Indigenous President
by Juliette BeckDec 19, 2005
- American global justice activist Juliette Beck was in Cochabamba for this week's historic election, and she sends this report on an event the new president-elect has dubbed “a victory for the global community."
Indicator: Indigenous Power Swells in Bolivia
by Lisa Gale GarriguesOct 04, 2005
- Indigenous people in Bolivia call for nationalization of country’s natural gas and creation of an indigenous-controlled state.
by Sarah Ruth van GelderJan 18, 2005
- One tribe took a chance on inviting a coalition of native and non-native people to help them win back their ancient village site and the home of Chief Seattle.
The Warriors Who Turned to Peace
by John MohawkNov 11, 2004
- John Mohawk discusses what we can learn from the legacy of Haudenosaunee peace making: peace is the result of righteousness, reason, and power.