Peace and Justice
A Global Push for Renewable Energy
by Alice SlaterJan 21, 2010
- With 142 member nations already signed on, the new International Renewable Energy Agency is promoting a fast, global transition to clean, safe, and renewable energy.
Turning Back the Doomsday Clock
by Joe CopelandJan 19, 2010
- The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists says the world is at a turning point when it comes to tackling nuclear war and climate change, "the two gravest threats to civilization."
The Power of Nonviolent Movements
by Bryan FarrellJan 14, 2010
- Anti-nuclear activist Jonathan Schell offers motivation and tactical advice to the new generation of climate activists.
People We Love :: Jacqueline Cabasso
by Susie ShuttsDec 15, 2009
- Working to abolish nuclear weapons.
Obama: Confront Hiroshima's Legacy
by John Feffer, Alexis DuddenNov 12, 2009
- It's time to show both Japan and the rest of the world that Americans take this history seriously, that we say in one voice "never again."
The Bomb in the Age of Obama
Nov 10, 2009
- Trailer for a 30-minute special by Kevin Sanders about the nuclear abolition movement.
Toward a Nuclear-Free Future
by Joseph CirincioneSep 23, 2009
- In his speech to the U.N., Obama made the case for nuclear disarmament.
Nuke Test Makes Nuclear Abolition More Important Than Ever
by Joe CopelandMay 29, 2009
- North Korea’s firing of a short-range nuclear missile in May 2009 makes it even more urgent that we eliminate nuclear weapons from all the countries of the world—including all members of today’s nuclear club.
President Obama Calls for a World Free of Nuclear Weapons
by David KriegerApr 07, 2009
- President Obama’s speech in Prague was a world-changing moment, a promise of unprecedented historical change on the most profoundly dangerous issue confronting not only America but the world.
How We Can Do It: How to get free of nuclear weapons
May 22, 2008
- The United States, as the owner of the biggest nuclear arsenal, must take the initiative and lead the world to take these seven steps towards nuclear abolition.
A Powerful Peace
by Jonathan SchellMay 22, 2008
- If the nuclear powers wish to be safe from nuclear weapons, they must surrender their own. Jonathan Schell shows how we could negotiate the abolition of nuclear weapons.
“No Nuclear Weapons”
by Sarah van GelderMay 22, 2008
- Sarah van Gelder interviews former Secretary of State, George Shultz, who advocates abolition of nuclear weapons as the means to stop further proliferation and avert dangerous terrorism or all-out war.
U.S.-India Nuclear Deal Overlooks Clean Energy Options
by Worldwatch InstituteMar 07, 2006
- World Watch Institute believes the new U.S.-India nuclear deal increases risk of terrorist access to nuclear weapons.
by G. Pascal ZacharyJun 30, 1997
- A former commander of the US nuclear forces is calling for a drastic reassessment of the moral, ethical, and practical implications of nuclear weapons.
by General Lee ButlerJun 30, 1997
- What is nuclear deterrence? And what is the U.S. responsibility for disarmament?