Peace and Justice
Lentils and Justice for All
by Christa HillstromFeb 14, 2011
- It all begins with food: How to restore the health and wealth of inner-city communities.
Thank You, Egypt
by Adrienne Maree BrownFeb 11, 2011
- An American organizer on Egypt's lessons in people power.
In Egypt, Something Rare and Remarkable
by Katherine GustafsonFeb 10, 2011
- From Cairo, a first-person account of the way Egyptians supported and protected one another during the historic protests that led to the departure of President Hosni Mubarak.
4 Ways to Stop Gun Violence
by Benjamin Van HoutenFeb 09, 2011
- The nation is grieving after yet another fatal mass shooting. Aren't there ways to curb this ongoing national tragedy?
Waiting (or Not) for Superman
by Jing FongFeb 09, 2011
- The documentary “Waiting for Superman” has stirred up conversation and debate about one of our nation’s biggest concerns—the state of public education. A follow-up campaign is under way to fix education. NOT Waiting for Superman, initiated by Rethinking Schools, says the film got the message all wrong.
Revolution Doesn't Happen Overnight
by Stephen ZunesFeb 08, 2011
- Those who were expecting a quick victory in Egypt are no doubt disappointed, but successful People Power movements of recent decades have usually been protracted struggles.
YES! Recommends: Centre for Child Honouring, and Voices Education Project
by Jing FongFeb 06, 2011
- If we made children our top priority, would we create a better world? The Centre for Child Honouring and Voices [Education Project] are helping create peaceful, sustainable societies.
Tunisia, Egypt, and the Big Picture
by Nafeez Mosaddeq AhmedFeb 02, 2011
- Egypt lies on the fault lines of the convergence of global ecological, energy, and economic crises—and thus, on the frontlines of deepening global system failure.
Egypt: Lessons in Democracy
by Stephen ZunesFeb 01, 2011
- Could 2011 be to the Arab world what 1989 was to Eastern Europe?
Robert Sapolsky: The Uniqueness of Humans
Feb 01, 2011
- What can we learn from our similarities and differences in relation to other animals?
Film Trailer: Countdown to Zero
Feb 01, 2011
- An estimated 23,000 nuclear weapons exist in the world. Why that number needs to be zero.
Danny Glover: The Black Power Mixtape
Jan 28, 2011
- Amy Goodman sits down with Danny Glover at the Sundance Film Festival to talk about his new documentary, The Black Power Mixtape.
Van Jones: The Economic Injustice of Plastic
by Van JonesJan 27, 2011
- Video: How plastic unfairly harms the poor—and what the rest of us can do about it.
A Hands-On New Year
by Grace Lee BoggsJan 26, 2011
- Grace Lee Boggs: The next decade will bring further changes in the way we think about food, work, and education.
Hope Amid Hatred
by Pastor Don MackenzieJan 19, 2011
- Our polarization and anger are signs of hopelessness. What can interfaith dialogue teach us about healing our wounds and coming together?