Peace and Justice
From Disaster Aid to Solidarity
by Beverly BellFeb 12, 2010
- How can concerned foreigners help Haiti recover while respecting the needs and desires of those who live there?
Pray the Devil Back to Hell :: Film Trailer
Feb 11, 2010
- In the face of the civil wars wrecking their country, a small group of courageous Liberian women banded together to advocate peace.
Building Cultures of Peace
by Riane EislerFeb 11, 2010
- To transition from a system of domination to one of partnership, we need to take a hard look at the way we think about gender.
Fighting Like Hell
by Beverly BellFeb 11, 2010
- Haiti has a long history of exploitation, but an equally long history of powerful resistance.
Quote: President Barack Obama
Feb 11, 2010
- A quote from President Barack Obama, from the America: The Remix issue of YES! Magazine. Download it here.
A Victory for Haiti
by Hayley HathawayFeb 10, 2010
- How an international, grassroots mobilization helped spur the G7's decision to cancel Haiti's onerous foreign debt.
Eighteen Days in Tehran
Feb 05, 2010
- Abdi Sami shares his visual diary from an 18-day journey taken in Iran in late October 2009.
Making Peace in South Asia: The Role of Citizens' Diplomacy
by Zia MianJan 29, 2010
- Tired of waiting for their governments to act, Indians and Pakistanis are uniting to find common ground and pathways to peace.
The True State of the Union
Jan 28, 2010
- Friends of YES! Magazine turn the president's address into a conversation about what it will really take to build a more perfect union.
Dave Moore: Fighter for Civil Rights and Working People
Jan 27, 2010
- Video: A tribute to Dave Moore, an icon of the civil rights and labor movements, who passed away in the fall of 2009 at the age of 97.
Cancel Haiti's Debt
by Sarah van GelderJan 27, 2010
- There's a growing movement to cancel Haiti's foreign debt as a way to return to the Haitian people the authority to rebuild their lives and their country.
A Global Push for Renewable Energy
by Alice SlaterJan 21, 2010
- With 142 member nations already signed on, the new International Renewable Energy Agency is promoting a fast, global transition to clean, safe, and renewable energy.
Haiti Needs Aid, Not Militarization
by Phyllis BennisJan 20, 2010
- In the rush to provide life-saving aid to the people of Haiti, the U.S. military needs to get its priorities straight.
Year One: How Did Obama Do on Foreign Policy?
by John FefferJan 20, 2010
- The Obama administration banned torture and worked toward nuclear disarmament... but also escalated U.S. military operations. John Feffer gives it a C minus.
Turning Back the Doomsday Clock
by Joe CopelandJan 19, 2010
- The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists says the world is at a turning point when it comes to tackling nuclear war and climate change, "the two gravest threats to civilization."