Peace and Justice
Peace is Possible in Iraq
by Lisa Farino, Medea BenjaminJan 07, 2007
- What would it take to create peace in Iraq? Medea Benjamin and a delegation of U.S. citizens met with Iraqis to find out. Interview with Medea Benjamin.
Military Recruitment of Youth - stories, links & resources
by Brandi BratrudeDec 08, 2006
- Are you being recruited? Are recruiters giving you all the information you need to make an informed decision about joining the military? Do you have other options? These questions should be filtering through your mind while trying to understand what it means to be a young American.
Local Energy, Local Power
by Winona LaDukeNov 07, 2006
- Energy for Democracy - wind on the Great Plains could power the country. Tribes are working to bring energy production home.
Abraham to Descendants: “Knock it Off”
by Sarah van GelderNov 06, 2006
- The Interfaith Amigos: A rabbi, a minister, and an imam, brought together by 9/11 and what followed, discover new spiritual depths from their dialogue and friendship.
A View from the War Zone
by Sharif AbdullahSep 12, 2006
- A veteran observer visits refugee camps where people await a resolution to a civil war that has spanned more than two decades.
The Voice of a Mother is Powerful
by Sarah van GelderSep 01, 2006
- An interview with Gold Star Mother Cindy Sheehan with reflections on why she continues her search for the "noble cause" that took the life of her son, Casey.
Making Life Possible
by Somnath Baidya RoyAug 31, 2006
- A clinic in Bhopal serves survivors of the 1984 Union Carbide chemical explosion.
Building Protective Walls
by Lisa Gale GarriguesAug 29, 2006
- Lisa Gale Garrigues offers some rants against those tempted to cross borders.
Post-Katrina: What It Means to be Displaced
by Ajamu Baraka, Tonya M. WilliamsAug 23, 2006
- The Executive Director and a senior fellow at the U.S. Human Rights Network discuss the obligation of government to displaced survivors of Hurricane Katrina.
Where FEMA feared to Tread
by Tim ShorrockAug 09, 2006
- When Katrina hit New Orleans, medics on bicycles toured the city bringing relief where other agencies failed to show.
Better Health Through Fairer
by Brydie RaganAug 09, 2006
- Being poor may be as great a risk factor in personal health as the consumption of cigarettes or junk food.
Indigenous People Open Summit to Preserve Sacred Mountain
by Brian CisnerosAug 04, 2006
- On the first day of the Summit of Nations, attention is paid to an endangered mountain in the South Dakota badlands and a discussion of key issues.
We are Farmers Not Gardeners
by Roberto Dr. Cintli RodriguezJul 06, 2006
- South Central Los Angeles farmers evicted after years of harvests from a community farm maintain their protest weeks after its last occupants have been removed by sheriff deputies.
Men, War, and Families
by Robert F. Johnson, Gordon MustainJun 05, 2006
- Two poems by veterans who recall the effect of military combat on their own lives.
Bolivian Coca Workers Cheer "Social and Cultural Revolution"
by Juliette BeckJun 01, 2006
- Hugo Chavez and Cuban vice president help Morales stir troops for upcoming Constituent Assembly election.