Peace and Justice
The Numbers That Tell the Story of This Standing Rock Victory
by Tracy Loeffelholz DunnDec 04, 2016
- The Army Corps announced Sunday that the Dakota Access pipeline will be rerouted. Here are the numbers that show what lies ahead.
8 Strategies for Confronting Hate (That Don’t Involve a Safety Pin)
by Elizabeth SvobodaDec 02, 2016
- Everyday heroism like standing up for someone in trouble means pushing past your own fear. Here's how to do so with caution and courage.
“My Whole Heart Is With You Tonight”: A Letter to the Dakota Access Front Line
by Kelly HayesNov 30, 2016
- We have survived this nation-state’s will for us because we are a fire that their water cannons cannot extinguish.
The Many Ways to Help Standing Rock
by Sarah van GelderNov 29, 2016
- Even if you can’t show up at the wintry encampments, you can join water protectors in other ways: from calling the North Dakota governor to breaking up with your bank.
Standing Rock Eviction Countdown: Will You Keep Fighting With Us?
by Kelly HayesNov 26, 2016
- Our people will continue to resist in and beyond this moment, as this is but one front in the wars being waged against us.
This Organic Food Company Doesn’t Discriminate Against Ex-Offenders—It Seeks Them Out
by Olivia AndersonNov 25, 2016
- Lancaster Food Company searches for job applicants who need help getting back on their feet. So far, not one has quit.
20 Ways to Take a Bigger, Louder Stand in the Post-Election World
by Nina M. FloresNov 24, 2016
- Many of us are rekindling our activist spirit knowing that the next four years will require everyone to act.
From Across the Country, Gifts of Tiny Houses Arrive for Standing Rock
by Jane Braxton LittleNov 23, 2016
- How five large trees in remote Oregon ended up as winter housing for water protectors, including their first newborn baby.
How to Attempt Racial Healing—Even During a Trump Presidency
by Zenobia JeffriesNov 21, 2016
- America’s past truth and reconciliation processes show us what works.
6 Ways to Take Action in the Calm Before the Trump
by Melissa HellmannNov 21, 2016
- If you think Trump is all talk, consider this: Research shows past presidents have accomplished about 75 percent of what they promised to do during their campaigns.
Please Stop Thinking You’re Better Than Trump Supporters
by Charles EisensteinNov 18, 2016
- We’ve got to stop acting out hate. There is no less of it in the liberal media than there is in the right-wing media. It is just better disguised.
Suddenly Time—And the Oil Market—Are On the Side of the Standing Rock Sioux
by Mark TrahantNov 17, 2016
- This week’s new Army Corps decision and a fresh lawsuit could delay the Dakota Access pipleline more than makes economic sense.
Get Ready for Our Favorite Solutions Across the U.S.
by YES! EditorsNov 17, 2016
- We’ve learned a lot in 20 years of solutions journalism. We know that we can fix what’s broken in our communities, regardless of who inhabits the White House.
What Standing Rock Tells Us About Civil Disobedience
by Melissa HellmannNov 15, 2016
- The militarized response to communities of color signals a possible double standard in law enforcement’s acceptance of civil disobedience.
The Arizona Tribe That Knows How to Stop a Trump Wall
by Tristan AhtoneNov 15, 2016
- Tohono O’odham traditional lands extend deep into Mexico, and any border wall will face legal and physical opposition.