Peace and Justice
How to Exit Afghanistan
by Erik LeaverOct 01, 2009
- An exit strategy is the best way to support Afghanistan's long-term prospects for peace and prosperity.
Toward a Nuclear-Free Future
by Joseph CirincioneSep 23, 2009
- In his speech to the U.N., Obama made the case for nuclear disarmament.
Costa Rica Creates Department of Peace
by Susie ShuttsSep 22, 2009
- Former justice ministry will now focus on promoting peace and conflict resolution.
by Jing FongSep 22, 2009
- Like YES! Magazine, Rethinking Schools strives to be both visionary and practical. We are delighted to share three of many lesson plans from Rethinking Schools that get to the heart of a real-world education.
Let's Think Peace
Sep 21, 2009
- Huong, an artist, peace activist, and former refugee who fled her native Vietnam in 1975, has painted her visions of war and peace for more than three decades.
When the Prisoners Ran Walpole
by Carol EstesSep 18, 2009
- Carol Estes reviews Jamie Bissonette's account of a true story in the movement for prison abolition
People We Love: Heng Monychenda
by Lynsi BurtonSep 18, 2009
- Peaceful approach in rural Cambodia
People We Love: Valerie Fast Horse
by Heather PurserSep 18, 2009
- Bringing technology to tribes
Native Recipe for Health
by Gabriel ThompsonSep 17, 2009
- The Tohono O’odham Nation tackles diabetes with a return to desert foods.
Weapons of Mass Democracy
by Stephen ZunesSep 16, 2009
- Here’s evidence that nonviolence is the most powerful tool to promote democracy and overthrow tyranny.
Youths Face the Holocaust
by Lynsi BurtonSep 09, 2009
- Facing History connects students to people who have witnessed injustice, like artist and Holocaust survivor Ava Kadishson Schieber.
Healing Power of Prison Poetry
by Eli HastingsSep 09, 2009
- Writers help teens in jail learn to express difficult truths by putting pencil to paper.
Climate Activists Dream a New Future
by Madeline OstranderSep 09, 2009
- The Pachamama Alliance encourages a re-examination of the values and assumptions that have led our society into social and environmental crises.
Episcopal Church Repudiates Doctrine of Discovery
by Gale Courey ToensingSep 01, 2009
- Tackling an injustice enshrined in international law for centuries.
Signs of Life :: Tribes Approve Same-Sex Marriage
by Heather PurserAug 28, 2009
- Same-sex marriage is not legal in Oregon, but an Oregon tribe has exercised its sovereignty to recognize same-sex marriages on its 10-square-mile reservation.