PEACE & JUSTICE
A fair world lays the foundations for peace.
the gifts from the four directions
by Ilarion (Larry) Merculieffposted May 20, 2004
- the gifts from the four directions by Ilarion (Larry) Merculieff. The elders tell us that when the people of the four sacred colors come together at last, we will see the beginnings of a new world.
Etiquette for Activists
by Michael F. Leonenposted May 20, 2004
- Why do so many attempts to build coalitions across race and culture result in hurt and division? These seasoned activists offer tips on what makes the difference between success and disaster.
Miami Police Violence Draws
by Rachel Milanezposted May 20, 2004
- Voices from across the political spectrum and around the globe are calling for investigations into police violence during the November Free Trade Area of the Americas (FTAA) demonstrations in Miami, Florida.
making the whole world a witness
by Dana Hughesposted May 20, 2004
- Human rights abuses thrive in the dark, dank world of censorship and government secrecy. What is those in danger could shine the light of publicity where it matters most? promotion and defense of human rights through video and other communications technology
Finding Dignity in Exile
by Ingrid Drakeposted May 20, 2004
- Fleeing the violence of Burma's military rulers, Shan women create a sanctuary and a power base by working together.
A Pilgrimage to Syria
by Elias Amidon, Elizabeth Rabia Robertsposted May 20, 2004
- The Damascus peace mission: pilgrims to Syria find that the healing of wounds begins with listening, learning, and praying together in many languages.
by Carolyn McConnellposted May 20, 2004
- Stand Together by Carolyn McConnell - Jobs with Justice
Book Review: Couldn't Keep It To Myself: Testimonies From Our Imprisoned Sisters
by Bill Williamsposted May 20, 2004
- COULDN'T KEEP IT TO MYSELF: Testimonies from our Imprisoned Sisters By Wally Lamb and the Women of York Correctional Institution. Book Review by Bill Williams.
by Thomas Simonposted May 20, 2004
- UNC students debate with Pastor Fred Phelps and his anti-gay views.
The Time For Nonviolence Has Come
by Michael N. Naglerposted May 20, 2004
- International Solidarity Movement and the power of nonviolence
Shall We Study War or Peace?
by Fran Kortenposted May 20, 2004
- Fran Korten reviews YES! Magazine's Making Peace and Victor David Hansons An Autumn of War.
Tribes Find Power In Wind
by Winona LaDukeposted May 20, 2004
- Intertribal Council on Utility Policy, COUP, first wind generator dedicated on Rosebud Reservation, clean energy windshed. sustainable homeland economic development. summer 2003.
Iraqi Americans Face FBI Inquiries
by Pramila Jayapalposted May 20, 2004
- U.S. Justice Department and FBI interview immigrants.
Eight Steps To Teach Kids Peace
by The Alliance for Childhoodposted May 20, 2004
- 8 practical steps to teaching peace in your community.
Bolivians Topple President
by Lisa Gale Garriguesposted Dec 31, 2003
- The people of Bolivia took to the streets in October 2003 to bring an end to the leadership of President Gonzlo Sanchez de Lozada.