Peace and Justice
This Organic Food Company Doesn’t Discriminate Against Ex-Offenders—It Seeks Them Out
by Olivia AndersonNov 25, 2016
- Lancaster Food Company searches for job applicants who need help getting back on their feet. So far, not one has quit.
20 Ways to Take a Bigger, Louder Stand in the Post-Election World
by Nina M. FloresNov 24, 2016
- Many of us are rekindling our activist spirit knowing that the next four years will require everyone to act.
From Across the Country, Gifts of Tiny Houses Arrive for Standing Rock
by Jane Braxton LittleNov 23, 2016
- How five large trees in remote Oregon ended up as winter housing for water protectors, including their first newborn baby.
How to Attempt Racial Healing—Even During a Trump Presidency
by Zenobia JeffriesNov 21, 2016
- America’s past truth and reconciliation processes show us what works.
6 Ways to Take Action in the Calm Before the Trump
by Melissa HellmannNov 21, 2016
- If you think Trump is all talk, consider this: Research shows past presidents have accomplished about 75 percent of what they promised to do during their campaigns.
Please Stop Thinking You’re Better Than Trump Supporters
by Charles EisensteinNov 18, 2016
- We’ve got to stop acting out hate. There is no less of it in the liberal media than there is in the right-wing media. It is just better disguised.
Suddenly Time—And the Oil Market—Are On the Side of the Standing Rock Sioux
by Mark TrahantNov 17, 2016
- This week’s new Army Corps decision and a fresh lawsuit could delay the Dakota Access pipleline more than makes economic sense.
Get Ready for Our Favorite Solutions Across the U.S.
by YES! EditorsNov 17, 2016
- We’ve learned a lot in 20 years of solutions journalism. We know that we can fix what’s broken in our communities, regardless of who inhabits the White House.
What Standing Rock Tells Us About Civil Disobedience
by Melissa HellmannNov 15, 2016
- The militarized response to communities of color signals a possible double standard in law enforcement’s acceptance of civil disobedience.
The Arizona Tribe That Knows How to Stop a Trump Wall
by Tristan AhtoneNov 15, 2016
- Tohono O’odham traditional lands extend deep into Mexico, and any border wall will face legal and physical opposition.
Trump Protests Could Be the Start of a New Civil Rights Era
by Meredith Rutland BauerNov 14, 2016
- Social change begins in the streets with citizen activism, but it’s important to realize this chapter of history is unlike any that has come before.
Will Trump Deport Me? Here’s What I Told My Son
by Nabil EchchaibiNov 14, 2016
- Since I moved here more than two decades ago, this is the first time I feel vulnerable. But I have faith in millions of Americans to defend my right to be here.
The Hopeful Thing About Our Ugly, Painful Polarization
by George LakeyNov 14, 2016
- Look to Norway and Sweden, where cooperative, socially democratic countries emerged after a frightening period of extreme polarization and social fracturing.
How Cities Can Protect People Threatened By Trumpism
by Arun GuptaNov 11, 2016
- Cities can offer shelter and protection to their vulnerable citizens and become a place progressives can exert real power.
Leader of the Standing Rock Sioux on Prayers and a President Trump
by Sarah van GelderNov 10, 2016
- “We’re about protecting our future. And that’s what he should be about.”