PEACE & JUSTICE
A fair world lays the foundations for peace.
Navigating The Great Turning From Empire To Earth Community
by David Kortenposted May 13, 2008
- Read the transcript of David Korten’s presentation at the Seattle Green Festival, April 2008: Navigating The Great Turning From Empire To Earth Community.
A Just Foreign Policy :: Resource Guide
by Noah Grant, Christiane Rancposted May 09, 2008
- A resource guide on foreign policy actions. Ways to Take Action and Get Connected: Support returning veterans, Promote Economic Justice, Abolish Nuclear Weapons, End the War, Be a Citizen Diplomat, Protect Human Rights.
IPS Report :: A Just Security
posted Apr 30, 2008
- The YES! editors worked closely with members of the Institute for Policy Studies (IPS) in producing this issue. Here is background on IPS and a link to their full report: Just Security :: An Alternative Foreign Policy Framework.
Sweet Mother Tour
posted Apr 30, 2008
- The Sweet Mother Tour has brought positive music, videos, and stories about Africa to 146 million viewers through television and radio broadcasts in more than 45 countries. The goal: to bring to Africa a sense of empowerment and cultural self-worth as a foundation for cultural progress.
FALLOUT: Coming Home From the War in Iraq
by Ava Loweryposted Apr 30, 2008
- A short film by Ava Lowery about the war in Iraq and its effects on our returning troops. Pro-war or anti-war, we should all take the time to listen to what our returning troops have to say.
by Jehane Noujaimposted Apr 29, 2008
- View the trailer for Jehane Noujaim's award-winning documentary, Control Room, which examines media coverage of the Iraq War.
Addressing Guatemala’s Educational Crisis
by Ryan Richardsposted Mar 10, 2008
- The Miguel Angel Asturias Academy offers a model for reforming Guatemala’s education system. Scholarships and low general tuition rates make the Academy accessible to even the poorest families. The curriculum combines strong academic fundamentals with training in leadership and human rights issues.
12 Steps Beyond Prisons
by Laura Magnani, Harmon L. Wrayposted Feb 04, 2008
- Adapted from Beyond Prisons: A New Interfaith Paradigm for Our Failed Prison System by Laura Magnani and Harmon L. Wray
Ecuador: Protecting Diverse Forests and Peoples
by Brooke Jarvisposted Jan 29, 2008
- Ecuador's president Rafael Correa offered to stop development of one of the country's largest oil reserves in exchange for debt relief. The ITT oil fields, located within Ecuador's Yasuni National Park, have become the center of an experiment that could bring equity and human rights into the climate equation.
Students Unite for a Department of Peace
by Rob Atkinsonposted Dec 27, 2007
- Southwestern University student Rob Atkinson describes his commitment to peace and involvement with the Student Peace Alliance.
Voices in Wartime
posted Dec 27, 2007
- Curriculum tools and resources from the Voices in Wartime Education Project.
Connect and Engage :: Teaching Peace
posted Dec 27, 2007
- Resources to accompany the December 2007 Education Connection newsletter on Teaching Peace: PeaceJam, Teaching Tolerance, Educators for NonViolence, Oxfam Education: Darfur-Teaching the Issues.
CODEPINK :: 7 Ways to Prevent War with Iran
by CODEPINKposted Nov 09, 2007
- CODEPINK suggests seven steps you can take to oppose a war with Iran.
People Taking Charge :6: Colombia Peace Village
posted Nov 07, 2007
- Individual villages in Colombia are resisting by remaining neutral, refusing to participate in the war, not carrying weapons, and saying no to injustice
Reclaiming Our Freedom to Learn
by Gustavo Estevaposted Nov 07, 2007
- Creating alternatives to traditional schools, in Oaxaca they created their own university, "unitierra", where students learn whatever they want to learn, where students are their communities, and learn by apprenticeship.