Peace and Justice
Episcopal Church Works on Same-Sex Blessings
by Tiffany RanNov 14, 2010
- The birth of a new rite for gay and lesbian couples.
Why I Have Hope for Haiti
by Beverly BellNov 12, 2010
- When people ask me, as they do all the time, “Is there any cause for hope in Haiti?” I answer yes.
Life After Lula
by Kenneth RapozaNov 12, 2010
- Meet Dilma Rousseff, Brazil's first woman president.
Rocking The Cynical World
by Madeline OstranderNov 11, 2010
- Why iconic political singer-songwriter Billy Bragg confronts fascists, Tea Parties, Glenn Beck–and his own fans.
Billy Bragg Live
Nov 05, 2010
- Video: Billy Bragg performs “Waiting for the Great Leap Forward” and “A Reckoning.”
Trick-or-Treat, In Reverse
by Christa HillstromOct 29, 2010
- This Halloween, a new breed of activists is coming to your door: They’re costumed, committed, and about four and a half feet tall.
Slavery Goes Public
by Christa HillstromOct 21, 2010
- Are the products you buy tainted by slavery and child labor? A new California law can help you find out.
Making Peace with the Sword Verse
by Sheikh Jamal RahmanOct 13, 2010
- Sheikh Jamal Rahman on dealing with some of the Quran’s most troubling text.
YES! Recommends: Global Oneness Project
by Jing FongOct 13, 2010
- YES! recommends the Global Oneness Project for their inspiring and richly produced resources that explore how the radically simple notion of interconnectedness can be lived in our increasingly complex world.
Abolishing the War System: The Big Picture
by Michael N. NaglerOct 12, 2010
- The patina of glory that surrounds war is wearing off. Is this the beginning of the end of the war mindset?
Standing Up for Democracy in Ecuador
by Laura CarlsenOct 07, 2010
- The Correa government is a progressive leader in Latin America.
How We Brought Down a Dictator
by Bryan Farrell, Eric StonerOct 07, 2010
- 10 years later: A conversation with Srdja Popovic, a leader in the the nonviolent overthrow of Slobodan Milosevic.
One Nation: Uniting for Jobs, Not War
by Phyllis BennisOct 06, 2010
- At the historic One Nation Working Together march, activists made the connection between unemployment and our outsize military budget.
No One Is Illegal: Why We’re Signing the I-Word Pledge
by Sarah van GelderSep 30, 2010
- YES! Magazine is taking the pledge: We will not refer to people as “illegals.”
The Return of Jim Crow
by Carol EstesSep 29, 2010
- How today's criminal justice system takes up where slavery and segregation left off