PEACE & JUSTICE
A fair world lays the foundations for peace.
Debra Harry Stands Up For Native Knowledge
posted Aug 29, 2007
- Debra Harry Stands Up For Native Knowledge
China Blue trailer
posted Aug 12, 2007
- The trailer for China Blue, a powerful documentary about the sweatshop conditions in South China.
Commentary: An Honorable Exit from Iraq
by Poka Laenuiposted Jul 29, 2007
- Poka Laenui outlines the 7 steps the U.S. should take to achieve an honorable exit from Iraq.
Katrina and the US Social Forum
by Alice Lovelaceposted Jun 27, 2007
- Catastrophic events can act as wake up calls, opportunities to seriously step up and do something that is going to make a difference. The US Social Forum represents an opportunity to create a different response to Katrina.
Meningitis B: Cuba's Got the Vaccine—Why Don't We?
by Robert Fortner, MDposted May 15, 2007
- A vaccine with proven effectiveness against Meningitis B was developed in Cuba in the 1980s. Since then, 55 million doses have been administered in Cuba and other countries. But not in the U.S.,where outbreaks still kill children. Dr. Robert Fortner, MD, wanted to find out why…
Iraq Veterans, Activists for Peace
by Sarah Olsonposted May 11, 2007
- Iraq War veterans Ricky Clousing, Garett Reppenhagen, and Darrell Anderson tell their stories.
Evo Morales: Indigenous Power
by Jubenal Quispeposted May 11, 2007
- Evo Morales, Bolivia's first indigenous president, is forwarding a socially just agenda that promotes the country's sovereignty and multiculturalism.
Who Drowned the Big Easy? What You Haven't Been Told
by Greg Palastposted May 10, 2007
- Greg Palast reveals the real reasons why New Orleans drowned in this extract from his bestseller 'Armed Madhouse: From Baghdad to New Orleans — Sordid Secrets and Strange Tales of a White House Gone Wild.'
Malik Rahim: Spreading Common Ground
by Doug Pibelposted May 07, 2007
- An interview with the cofounder of New Orleans' Common Ground Collective.
Guerrilla Reconstruction in New Orleans
by Greg Palastposted May 07, 2007
- Showing FEMA a thing or two about rebuilding communities... Common Ground takes charge
100 Years of Human Rights in the U.S.
posted May 03, 2007
- Explore 100 years of human rights achievements and losses in the US: racial justice, immigrant rights, women's rights, worker rights, and more.
Declaration of La Paz
by Jallalla Indigenous Pueblos and Nations of Abya Yalaposted Apr 07, 2007
- A message of resilience, hope and solidarity from the indigenous peoples of Abya Yala.
posted Mar 26, 2007
- YES! staff reveal their musical inspiration while while putting out this issue: Matisyahu's 'Youth'; Amos Lee; and Laura Veirs' 'Carbon Glacier'.
Just the Facts
by Sarah Kuckposted Mar 26, 2007
- Human Rights Actually Are Quite a Bargain, But We Bought a War Instead
SIDEBAR :: Partners in Justice
posted Mar 26, 2007
- Prisoners' rights often fall in the blind spot of the public eye. These are just a few of the groups whose efforts are helping to correct our vision.