Peace and Justice
Making Peace with the Sword Verse
by Sheikh Jamal RahmanOct 13, 2010
- Sheikh Jamal Rahman on dealing with some of the Quran’s most troubling text.
YES! Recommends: Global Oneness Project
by Jing FongOct 13, 2010
- YES! recommends the Global Oneness Project for their inspiring and richly produced resources that explore how the radically simple notion of interconnectedness can be lived in our increasingly complex world.
Abolishing the War System: The Big Picture
by Michael N. NaglerOct 12, 2010
- The patina of glory that surrounds war is wearing off. Is this the beginning of the end of the war mindset?
Standing Up for Democracy in Ecuador
by Laura CarlsenOct 07, 2010
- The Correa government is a progressive leader in Latin America.
How We Brought Down a Dictator
by Bryan Farrell, Eric StonerOct 07, 2010
- 10 years later: A conversation with Srdja Popovic, a leader in the the nonviolent overthrow of Slobodan Milosevic.
One Nation: Uniting for Jobs, Not War
by Phyllis BennisOct 06, 2010
- At the historic One Nation Working Together march, activists made the connection between unemployment and our outsize military budget.
No One Is Illegal: Why We’re Signing the I-Word Pledge
by Sarah van GelderSep 30, 2010
- YES! Magazine is taking the pledge: We will not refer to people as “illegals.”
The Return of Jim Crow
by Carol EstesSep 29, 2010
- How today's criminal justice system takes up where slavery and segregation left off
The Capacity for Tolerance
by Pastor Don MackenzieSep 27, 2010
- What can Christians do about the religious intolerance made visible during the last month?
We Need Millennium Development RIGHTS, Not Just Goals
by Phyllis BennisSep 24, 2010
- Millennium Development Rights would transform the global struggle against poverty and provide accountability for governments, corporations, and others who deny those rights.
Emmanuel Jal: My Journey from Lost Boy to Activist
Sep 23, 2010
- Video: Emmanuel Jal, a former Sudanese child soldier, uses hip-hop to help African children and raise awareness for his cause.
Changing the Consequences of Conflict
Sep 17, 2010
- Video: The Interfaith Amigos' discussion on the eve of the 9/11 anniversary.
Stories That Light Up The Dark
by Sanjay KhannaSep 17, 2010
- The experiences of our ancestors offer us wisdom for surviving today's crises.
Raffi: Building A World Fit for Children
by Raffi CavoukianSep 16, 2010
- A movement to put children’s rights at the center of our collective decisions is taking hold—and it’s good news for adults, too.
Envisioning MLK’s Dream in Today's World
by Grace Lee BoggsSep 13, 2010
- Grace Boggs: We must begin the radical revolution of values that King called for, against the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism.