Peace and Justice
We're Still Writing “For Colored Girls”
by Jamilah KingDec 01, 2010
- Why Tyler Perry's adaptation of the classic play matters.
Signs of Life :: Winter 2011
Nov 18, 2010
- Small stories about big change.
Photo Essay: A Mother's Love Behind Bars
by Cheryl Hanna-TruscottNov 15, 2010
- A unique program in Washington state allows mothers incarcerated for nonviolence crimes to care for their newborns.
Nov 15, 2010
- Video: Go behind the scenes of Lynn Nottage's Pulitzer-prize winning play.
How I Fight For My Family
by Celeste Addai, as told to Tiffany RanNov 14, 2010
- Celeste Addai had never given much thought to immigration issues–until her Ghanaian husband had to flee in the night from ICE agents. Now family life happens just once a week, in secret.
Episcopal Church Works on Same-Sex Blessings
by Tiffany RanNov 14, 2010
- The birth of a new rite for gay and lesbian couples.
Why I Have Hope for Haiti
by Beverly BellNov 12, 2010
- When people ask me, as they do all the time, “Is there any cause for hope in Haiti?” I answer yes.
Life After Lula
by Kenneth RapozaNov 12, 2010
- Meet Dilma Rousseff, Brazil's first woman president.
Rocking The Cynical World
by Madeline OstranderNov 11, 2010
- Why iconic political singer-songwriter Billy Bragg confronts fascists, Tea Parties, Glenn Beck–and his own fans.
Billy Bragg Live
Nov 05, 2010
- Video: Billy Bragg performs “Waiting for the Great Leap Forward” and “A Reckoning.”
Trick-or-Treat, In Reverse
by Christa HillstromOct 29, 2010
- This Halloween, a new breed of activists is coming to your door: They’re costumed, committed, and about four and a half feet tall.
Slavery Goes Public
by Christa HillstromOct 21, 2010
- Are the products you buy tainted by slavery and child labor? A new California law can help you find out.
Making Peace with the Sword Verse
by Sheikh Jamal RahmanOct 13, 2010
- Sheikh Jamal Rahman on dealing with some of the Quran’s most troubling text.
YES! Recommends: Global Oneness Project
by Jing FongOct 13, 2010
- YES! recommends the Global Oneness Project for their inspiring and richly produced resources that explore how the radically simple notion of interconnectedness can be lived in our increasingly complex world.
Abolishing the War System: The Big Picture
by Michael N. NaglerOct 12, 2010
- The patina of glory that surrounds war is wearing off. Is this the beginning of the end of the war mindset?