Peace and Justice
We Need Millennium Development RIGHTS, Not Just Goals
by Phyllis BennisSep 24, 2010
- Millennium Development Rights would transform the global struggle against poverty and provide accountability for governments, corporations, and others who deny those rights.
Emmanuel Jal: My Journey from Lost Boy to Activist
Sep 23, 2010
- Video: Emmanuel Jal, a former Sudanese child soldier, uses hip-hop to help African children and raise awareness for his cause.
Changing the Consequences of Conflict
Sep 17, 2010
- Video: The Interfaith Amigos' discussion on the eve of the 9/11 anniversary.
Stories That Light Up The Dark
by Sanjay KhannaSep 17, 2010
- The experiences of our ancestors offer us wisdom for surviving today's crises.
Raffi: Building A World Fit for Children
by Raffi CavoukianSep 16, 2010
- A movement to put children’s rights at the center of our collective decisions is taking hold—and it’s good news for adults, too.
Envisioning MLK’s Dream in Today's World
by Grace Lee BoggsSep 13, 2010
- Grace Boggs: We must begin the radical revolution of values that King called for, against the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism.
Interfaith Amigos: On 9/11, Getting Beyond Religious Hatred
by Rabbi Ted Falcon, Pastor Don Mackenzie, Sheikh Jamal RahmanSep 10, 2010
- Brought together by the events of 9/11, three friends from different faiths reflect on what it will take to reach the other side of hatred.
Signs of Life :: Fall 2010
Sep 10, 2010
- Small stories about big change
Quotes from the Quran and from Rumi
by Sarah Van GelderSep 09, 2010
- Interested in what Muslim sacred texts actually say? Here's a short selection of quotes recommend by Jamal Rahman.
Eight Ways to Confront Extremism on 9/11
by Sarah van GelderSep 09, 2010
- How to further tolerance and healing on this September 11th, an especially important time to speak up.
U.N. Vote on Water, Sanitation Rights
by Daniel MossSep 09, 2010
- The resolution to act on the world's "most violated human right."
Maryland Protects Student Info From Recruiters
by Pat ElderSep 09, 2010
- Graduating high school students with increasingly grim job prospects are vulnerable to recruitment tactics. A new law limits military access to student data.
A New Age of People Power: Lessons from the Dongria Kondh
by John PerkinsSep 03, 2010
- With greater power to build alliances across boundaries, the Davids of the world are having more success throwing off the Goliaths.
Five Ways You Can Help Pakistan (and the Rest of Us)
by Sarah van GelderSep 01, 2010
- The Pakistani people need our help. Here’s what we can do today, and how to reduce the number of future disasters.
In New Orleans, Kindness Trumped Chaos
by Rebecca SolnitAug 27, 2010
- Lessons of dedication, solidarity, love, and recovery, five years after Katrina.