PEACE & JUSTICE
A fair world lays the foundations for peace.
Family Reunions Build Bridges to Cuba
by Elizabeth Cerejidoposted May 22, 2008
- If there’s one thing Cubans in Miami share with compatriots in Cuba, it’s a desire to travel freely—especially to visit family. Lifting the U.S. travel ban could open all kinds of doors.
8 Experts Show the Way to a New Role for the U.S.
posted May 22, 2008
- How can we transform our most difficult global relationships? 8 experts give their best advice on a new role for the U.S.
The Way to a Just Foreign Policy
by John Fefferposted May 22, 2008
- It’s time to leave behind old ideas of superpowers. A changing world brings new opportunities for peace and the chance to join a community of nations.
“No Nuclear Weapons”
by Sarah van Gelderposted May 22, 2008
- Sarah van Gelder interviews former Secretary of State, George Shultz, who advocates abolition of nuclear weapons as the means to stop further proliferation and avert dangerous terrorism or all-out war.
Base Closure Movements :: From Okinawa to Italy
posted May 19, 2008
- Activists all over the world connect through No-bases.net
Heal the Warrior, Heal the Country
by Edward Tickposted May 19, 2008
- Breaking the cycle of war making: our country will not find peace until we take responsibility for our wars.
Navigating The Great Turning From Empire To Earth Community
by David Kortenposted May 13, 2008
- Read the transcript of David Korten’s presentation at the Seattle Green Festival, April 2008: Navigating The Great Turning From Empire To Earth Community.
A Just Foreign Policy :: Resource Guide
by Noah Grant, Christiane Rancposted May 09, 2008
- A resource guide on foreign policy actions. Ways to Take Action and Get Connected: Support returning veterans, Promote Economic Justice, Abolish Nuclear Weapons, End the War, Be a Citizen Diplomat, Protect Human Rights.
IPS Report :: A Just Security
posted Apr 30, 2008
- The YES! editors worked closely with members of the Institute for Policy Studies (IPS) in producing this issue. Here is background on IPS and a link to their full report: Just Security :: An Alternative Foreign Policy Framework.
Sweet Mother Tour
posted Apr 30, 2008
- The Sweet Mother Tour has brought positive music, videos, and stories about Africa to 146 million viewers through television and radio broadcasts in more than 45 countries. The goal: to bring to Africa a sense of empowerment and cultural self-worth as a foundation for cultural progress.
FALLOUT: Coming Home From the War in Iraq
by Ava Loweryposted Apr 30, 2008
- A short film by Ava Lowery about the war in Iraq and its effects on our returning troops. Pro-war or anti-war, we should all take the time to listen to what our returning troops have to say.
by Jehane Noujaimposted Apr 29, 2008
- View the trailer for Jehane Noujaim's award-winning documentary, Control Room, which examines media coverage of the Iraq War.
12 Steps Beyond Prisons
by Laura Magnani, Harmon L. Wrayposted Feb 04, 2008
- Adapted from Beyond Prisons: A New Interfaith Paradigm for Our Failed Prison System by Laura Magnani and Harmon L. Wray
Pete Seeger Interview: How Can I Keep from Singing?
by Sarah van Gelderposted Feb 01, 2008
- At the age of 94, Pete Seeger has passed away. Sarah van Gelder interviewed him in 2007 on a life of music and the power of millions of small changes.
Ecuador: Protecting Diverse Forests and Peoples
by Brooke Jarvisposted Jan 29, 2008
- Ecuador's president Rafael Correa offered to stop development of one of the country's largest oil reserves in exchange for debt relief. The ITT oil fields, located within Ecuador's Yasuni National Park, have become the center of an experiment that could bring equity and human rights into the climate equation.