Peace and Justice
Signs of Life :: Foreign Policy
Jul 30, 2008
- Activists and political leaders across the country are saying “no” to U.S. military action against Iran and demanding that the U.S. government pursue real diplomacy.
Immigrants & American-born: “Are you listening?”
by Pramila JayapalJul 30, 2008
- Pramila Jayapal talks about the "Night of 1000 Conversations". On June 19, people from different ethnic backgrounds sat down in small groups in cafes, homes, offices and union halls across the country. and discussed the role of immigration in the country’s past, present, and future.
Equality Ride :: Photos from the 2007 Tour
by Adam Britt, Amanda HarrisJul 29, 2008
- Photos from the 2007 Equality Ride, bringing 50 riders to conservative campuses to show the humanity and spirituality of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people.
by Noah GrantJul 29, 2008
- Noah Grant profiles the Equality Ride, a two-month road trip by a group of gay and lesbian youth to the most conservative campuses in the country. The goal: to connect with people who may never have spoken to an “out” gay, lesbian, bisexual, or transgender person.
It Takes a Child: Craig Kielburger
by Craig KielburgerJul 23, 2008
- Watch a film clip from the documentary “It Takes a Child,” the story of how a 12-year-old Craig Kielburger started his journey.
Jul 23, 2008
- A Documentary by United Food and Commercial Workers about the raids in Swift Meatpacking plants.
by Velcrow RipperJul 18, 2008
- In a world teetering on the edge of self-destruction, award-winning filmmaker Velcrow Ripper sets out on a unique pilgrimage. Visiting the 'Ground Zeroes' of the planet, he asks if it's possible to find hope in the darkest moments of human history.
Jul 18, 2008
- Equality U is a feature-length documentary following 33 young activists on a cross-country tour to confront anti-gay discrimination policies at conservative religious colleges.
How Iran Could Help the United States
by Robert NaimanJul 15, 2008
- Instead of bombing Iran, we could draw on that nation to collaborate in winning the peace for the entire region. By Robert Naiman.
Americans Say No to War with Iran: Will Washington Listen?
by Sarah van GelderJul 12, 2008
- Sarah van Gelder discusses Resolution 362, which encourages what amounts to an act of war against Iran.
Life in Iran with Rick Steves
by Abdi SamiJul 11, 2008
- In March of 2008 Rick Steves travelled to Iran to produce a travel documentary on the country and its people. Rick's intention was to put a human face on the people behind the headlines about Iran. Here are photos and stories from the team's ten days of traveling.
Bonnie Raitt & Dolores Huerta
by Bonnie Raitt, Dolores HuertaJun 23, 2008
- Bonnie Raitt and Dolores Huerta dicsuss Union Organizing, NAFTA, Human Rights, Environmentalism, Nuclear Energy, Feminism
Smart Security and the End of War
by David KortenJun 17, 2008
- We humans have arrived at a defining moment. We must bring ourselves into balance with one another and Earth or suffer the consequences of social and environmental collapse. It creates a unique opportunity for bold action to end war as an instrument of foreign policy, dismantle the military establishment, and create a world that works for all.
DIY Foreign Policy Heroes
Jun 06, 2008
- Think foreign policy is just for politicians? These people can change your mind.
Connect and Engage: Foreign Policy
by Jing FongJun 03, 2008
- As a teacher, helping your students understand foreign policy requires that you explore other cultures and nations and how they relate to the United States. Here are a couple of curriculum options to help you make that connection.