PEACE & JUSTICE
A fair world lays the foundations for peace.
Saying Yes! to Peace
posted Mar 10, 2003
- Voices from the YES! Magazine archives on War, Iraq, and Envisioning a Better Way
Waiting for War
by David Smith-Ferriposted Mar 10, 2003
- Do Iraqis want an American invasion to free them from Saddam Hussein?
From Empire to Earth Community
by David C. Kortenposted Mar 10, 2003
- We can choose a path of patient and compassionate justice that respects life, the rights of the innocent, and the rule of law in a cooperative international effort to bring the guilty to justice, as we simultaneously work to bring justice to the world by creating a world that works for all.
There is no Basis for War
by Phyllis Bennisposted Mar 05, 2003
- Talking points created for United for Peace and Justice. We cannot accept the legitimacy of killing potentially hundreds of thousands of Iraqis to prevent an unknown speculative future threat.
10 Questions Americans Are Asking as the US Government Prepares for War
by Carolyn McConnell, Kim Corriganposted Mar 05, 2003
- Ten questions Americans are asking in the run up to war with Iraq.
Speaking for Justice
by Pramila Jayapalposted Dec 31, 2002
- Sikhs, Somalis, Arabs, Latinos, people whose lives have changed since September 11, 2001, gather in Seattle to tell their stories of fear and humiliation—stories that echo the Japanese internments . Immigrant injustices since Septermber 11. Erosion of constitutional rights.
Readers Take Action
by David Smith-Ferriposted Dec 31, 2002
- In Iraq, Waiting for War
Instead of Empire
by Sarah Ruth van Gelderposted Dec 31, 2002
- Phylis Bennis, Harlan Cleveland, Frank T. Griswold, Michael Lerner, and Marc Luyckx :: A roundtable exploration of what might happen if the U.S. chose a path that is neither the Clinton-promoted future of corporate globalization, nor the Bush Doctrine of endless war.
Play Your Own Tune
by Ricardo "Kool Aid" Chavezposted Dec 31, 2002
- hip-hop/rap for the good
Let Every Voice Be Heard
by Steven Hillposted Dec 31, 2002
- Cumulative voting and instant runoff, Voting revolution, Alternative voting systems
by Desiree Evansposted Dec 31, 2002
- Third world majority digital storytelling conference, Underground Railroad, ceate digital stories from the found material in lives, relaiming histories for people of color
Not in My Brother's Name
by Carolyn McConnellposted Jun 30, 2002
- Does the suffering of September 11 justify US military attacks? Some families of victims are saying no to more violence and yes to peace.
Speak Out Anyway
by Fran Kortenposted Jan 31, 2002
- Danny Glover speaks out against the death penalty and starts an uproar, where he is discriminated against.
by Sally Roesch Wagnerposted Jan 31, 2002
- How did early activists for women's rights dare to dream their revolutionary dream? They caught a glimpse of the possibility of freedom because they knew women who lived liberated lives, women who had always possessed rights beyond the suffragists' wildest imagination—Haudenosaunee (Iroquois) women.
What Happens To Your Heart
by David Morseposted Jan 31, 2002
- The Campaign of Conscience joins North Americans who oppose the war in Iraq. They organize acts of civil disobedience and continue to provide humanitarian aid to Iraqis.