Peace and Justice
Race: Are We So Different?
by Ashlee GreenMar 04, 2010
- Line up a dozen skin types against your own: Can you tell where black ends and white begins?
Protests Mount Against Israeli Blockade of Gaza
Feb 26, 2010
- In a series of protests across the Arab world, activists have demanded an end to the siege of the Gaza Strip and expressed outrage at the Egyptian government for actions that reflect the political will of Israel and the United States.
Appeals Court Rules Inmates Entitled to Voting Rights
by Jeff RaderstrongFeb 26, 2010
- A federal appeals court in January ruled that felons incarcerated in Washington State have been illegally barred from voting.
Bolivia to Host Climate Summit for the People
by Margit ChristensonFeb 26, 2010
- Bolivian President Evo Morales has called for an alternative climate-change conference, this one involving governments as well as non-governmental organizations, indigenous groups, scientists, and environmentalists.
"Pro-poor" Relief for Haiti
by Kim EckartFeb 26, 2010
- In the aftermath of the Jan. 12 earthquake that is believed to have killed more than 150,000 people, a call is growing for more long-term, sustainable solutions, such as debt relief.
Homegrown Aid in Haiti
by Beverly BellFeb 25, 2010
- Many displaced Haitians are turning to neighbors, family, and peasant organizations in the countryside for help.
Hope's Poet: Interview with Dennis Brutus
by Shirin ShirinFeb 25, 2010
- The late Dennis Brutus, an elder in South Africa's long struggle against apartheid, shares his story, his poetry, and why he's optimistic about the global justice movement.
Avatar in the Amazon
Feb 23, 2010
- Indigenous Amazonian communities in Ecuador share their take on the American blockbuster, Avatar.
Gender and Justice in Haiti
by Beverly BellFeb 17, 2010
- Beverly Bell remembers Magalie Marcelin, a leader of Haiti's movement for women's rights, who was killed during the earthquake.
Lessons from Howard Zinn
by Anthony ArnoveFeb 16, 2010
- The late historian and activist lived a life of struggle—and enjoyed it to its fullest.
From Disaster Aid to Solidarity
by Beverly BellFeb 12, 2010
- How can concerned foreigners help Haiti recover while respecting the needs and desires of those who live there?
Pray the Devil Back to Hell :: Film Trailer
Feb 11, 2010
- In the face of the civil wars wrecking their country, a small group of courageous Liberian women banded together to advocate peace.
Building Cultures of Peace
by Riane EislerFeb 11, 2010
- To transition from a system of domination to one of partnership, we need to take a hard look at the way we think about gender.
Fighting Like Hell
by Beverly BellFeb 11, 2010
- Haiti has a long history of exploitation, but an equally long history of powerful resistance.
Quote: President Barack Obama
Feb 11, 2010
- A quote from President Barack Obama, from the America: The Remix issue of YES! Magazine. Download it here.