Peace and Justice
Eighteen Days in Tehran
Feb 05, 2010
- Abdi Sami shares his visual diary from an 18-day journey taken in Iran in late October 2009.
Making Peace in South Asia: The Role of Citizens' Diplomacy
by Zia MianJan 29, 2010
- Tired of waiting for their governments to act, Indians and Pakistanis are uniting to find common ground and pathways to peace.
The True State of the Union
Jan 28, 2010
- Friends of YES! Magazine turn the president's address into a conversation about what it will really take to build a more perfect union.
Dave Moore: Fighter for Civil Rights and Working People
Jan 27, 2010
- Video: A tribute to Dave Moore, an icon of the civil rights and labor movements, who passed away in the fall of 2009 at the age of 97.
Cancel Haiti's Debt
by Sarah van GelderJan 27, 2010
- There's a growing movement to cancel Haiti's foreign debt as a way to return to the Haitian people the authority to rebuild their lives and their country.
A Global Push for Renewable Energy
by Alice SlaterJan 21, 2010
- With 142 member nations already signed on, the new International Renewable Energy Agency is promoting a fast, global transition to clean, safe, and renewable energy.
Haiti Needs Aid, Not Militarization
by Phyllis BennisJan 20, 2010
- In the rush to provide life-saving aid to the people of Haiti, the U.S. military needs to get its priorities straight.
Year One: How Did Obama Do on Foreign Policy?
by John FefferJan 20, 2010
- The Obama administration banned torture and worked toward nuclear disarmament... but also escalated U.S. military operations. John Feffer gives it a C minus.
Turning Back the Doomsday Clock
by Joe CopelandJan 19, 2010
- The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists says the world is at a turning point when it comes to tackling nuclear war and climate change, "the two gravest threats to civilization."
What’s Wrong with Avatar?
by Fran KortenJan 15, 2010
- James Cameron's Avatar has its pluses, but it elevates violence instead of depicting a real path to peace and cultural transformation.
The Power of Nonviolent Movements
by Bryan FarrellJan 14, 2010
- Anti-nuclear activist Jonathan Schell offers motivation and tactical advice to the new generation of climate activists.
What You Can Do to Help Haiti
by Sarah van GelderJan 13, 2010
- The best options for helping the Haitian people recover from the devastating January 12 earthquake.
12 Innovations From the '00s That Could Save Us
by Sarah van GelderJan 01, 2010
- With climate disruption, war, and a faltering economy, the '00s were tough. Still, seeds were sewn for a more green and egalitarian 2010s. And peoples movements offer the power to make real change happen.
"Peacing It Together" Unites Israeli and Palestinian Teens
Dec 29, 2009
- A movie trailer for the 30-minute documentary "Peacing It Together," which follows 10 Israeli, 10 Palestinian, ad 9 Canadian teens as they make films together that focus on peace.
Americans Who Tell the Truth
by Jing FongDec 28, 2009
- Robert Shetterly's remarkable collection of portraits reminds us of the dignity, courage and importance of America's truth tellers. Here we offer curriculum tools to support the series.