Peace and Justice
Family Reunions Build Bridges to Cuba
by Elizabeth CerejidoMay 22, 2008
- If there’s one thing Cubans in Miami share with compatriots in Cuba, it’s a desire to travel freely—especially to visit family. Lifting the U.S. travel ban could open all kinds of doors.
8 Experts Show the Way to a New Role for the U.S.
May 22, 2008
- How can we transform our most difficult global relationships? 8 experts give their best advice on a new role for the U.S.
The Way to a Just Foreign Policy
by John FefferMay 22, 2008
- It’s time to leave behind old ideas of superpowers. A changing world brings new opportunities for peace and the chance to join a community of nations.
“No Nuclear Weapons”
by Sarah van GelderMay 22, 2008
- Sarah van Gelder interviews former Secretary of State, George Shultz, who advocates abolition of nuclear weapons as the means to stop further proliferation and avert dangerous terrorism or all-out war.
Base Closure Movements :: From Okinawa to Italy
May 19, 2008
- Activists all over the world connect through No-bases.net
Heal the Warrior, Heal the Country
by Edward TickMay 19, 2008
- Breaking the cycle of war making: our country will not find peace until we take responsibility for our wars.
Navigating The Great Turning From Empire To Earth Community
by David KortenMay 13, 2008
- Read the transcript of David Korten’s presentation at the Seattle Green Festival, April 2008: Navigating The Great Turning From Empire To Earth Community.
A Just Foreign Policy :: Resource Guide
by Noah Grant, Christiane RancMay 09, 2008
- A resource guide on foreign policy actions. Ways to Take Action and Get Connected: Support returning veterans, Promote Economic Justice, Abolish Nuclear Weapons, End the War, Be a Citizen Diplomat, Protect Human Rights.
IPS Report :: A Just Security
Apr 30, 2008
- The YES! editors worked closely with members of the Institute for Policy Studies (IPS) in producing this issue. Here is background on IPS and a link to their full report: Just Security :: An Alternative Foreign Policy Framework.
Sweet Mother Tour
Apr 30, 2008
- The Sweet Mother Tour has brought positive music, videos, and stories about Africa to 146 million viewers through television and radio broadcasts in more than 45 countries. The goal: to bring to Africa a sense of empowerment and cultural self-worth as a foundation for cultural progress.
FALLOUT: Coming Home From the War in Iraq
by Ava LoweryApr 30, 2008
- A short film by Ava Lowery about the war in Iraq and its effects on our returning troops. Pro-war or anti-war, we should all take the time to listen to what our returning troops have to say.
by Jehane NoujaimApr 29, 2008
- View the trailer for Jehane Noujaim's award-winning documentary, Control Room, which examines media coverage of the Iraq War.
12 Steps Beyond Prisons
by Laura Magnani, Harmon L. WrayFeb 04, 2008
- Adapted from Beyond Prisons: A New Interfaith Paradigm for Our Failed Prison System by Laura Magnani and Harmon L. Wray
The Fierce Urgency of Now
by Grace Lee BoggsFeb 03, 2008
- A call for beloved communities from Grace Lee Boggs: "We are living in a time of great peril and possibility."
Pete Seeger Interview: How Can I Keep from Singing?
by Sarah van GelderFeb 01, 2008
- At the age of 94, Pete Seeger has passed away. Sarah van Gelder interviewed him in 2007 on a life of music and the power of millions of small changes.