Peace and Justice
CODEPINK :: 7 Ways to Prevent War with Iran
by CODEPINKNov 09, 2007
- CODEPINK suggests seven steps you can take to oppose a war with Iran.
People Taking Charge :6: Colombia Peace Village
Nov 07, 2007
- Individual villages in Colombia are resisting by remaining neutral, refusing to participate in the war, not carrying weapons, and saying no to injustice
Reclaiming Our Freedom to Learn
by Gustavo EstevaNov 07, 2007
- Creating alternatives to traditional schools, in Oaxaca they created their own university, "unitierra", where students learn whatever they want to learn, where students are their communities, and learn by apprenticeship.
The Fine Art of Raising a Ruckus
by Jen AngelNov 07, 2007
- Clowns and puppets, theater and drumbeats—street spectacle carves out space for experiencing a new world.
Interview with Victoria Tauli-Corpuz
by Sarah van GelderOct 29, 2007
- An historic event happened on September 13, 2007. The United Nations, after nearly 25 years of work, adopted the Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples.
Debra Harry Stands Up For Native Knowledge
Aug 29, 2007
- Debra Harry Stands Up For Native Knowledge
China Blue trailer
Aug 12, 2007
- The trailer for China Blue, a powerful documentary about the sweatshop conditions in South China.
Commentary: An Honorable Exit from Iraq
by Poka LaenuiJul 29, 2007
- Poka Laenui outlines the 7 steps the U.S. should take to achieve an honorable exit from Iraq.
Katrina and the US Social Forum
by Alice LovelaceJun 27, 2007
- Catastrophic events can act as wake up calls, opportunities to seriously step up and do something that is going to make a difference. The US Social Forum represents an opportunity to create a different response to Katrina.
Meningitis B: Cuba's Got the Vaccine—Why Don't We?
by Robert Fortner, MDMay 15, 2007
- A vaccine with proven effectiveness against Meningitis B was developed in Cuba in the 1980s. Since then, 55 million doses have been administered in Cuba and other countries. But not in the U.S.,where outbreaks still kill children. Dr. Robert Fortner, MD, wanted to find out why…
Iraq Veterans, Activists for Peace
by Sarah OlsonMay 11, 2007
- Iraq War veterans Ricky Clousing, Garett Reppenhagen, and Darrell Anderson tell their stories.
Evo Morales: Indigenous Power
by Jubenal QuispeMay 11, 2007
- Evo Morales, Bolivia's first indigenous president, is forwarding a socially just agenda that promotes the country's sovereignty and multiculturalism.
Who Drowned the Big Easy? What You Haven't Been Told
by Greg PalastMay 10, 2007
- Greg Palast reveals the real reasons why New Orleans drowned in this extract from his bestseller 'Armed Madhouse: From Baghdad to New Orleans — Sordid Secrets and Strange Tales of a White House Gone Wild.'
Malik Rahim: Spreading Common Ground
by Doug PibelMay 07, 2007
- An interview with the cofounder of New Orleans' Common Ground Collective.
Guerrilla Reconstruction in New Orleans
by Greg PalastMay 07, 2007
- Showing FEMA a thing or two about rebuilding communities... Common Ground takes charge