PEACE & JUSTICE
A fair world lays the foundations for peace.
A Pilgrimage to Syria
by Elias Amidon, Elizabeth Rabia Robertsposted May 20, 2004
- The Damascus peace mission: pilgrims to Syria find that the healing of wounds begins with listening, learning, and praying together in many languages.
by Carolyn McConnellposted May 20, 2004
- Stand Together by Carolyn McConnell - Jobs with Justice
Book Review: Couldn't Keep It To Myself: Testimonies From Our Imprisoned Sisters
by Bill Williamsposted May 20, 2004
- COULDN'T KEEP IT TO MYSELF: Testimonies from our Imprisoned Sisters By Wally Lamb and the Women of York Correctional Institution. Book Review by Bill Williams.
by Thomas Simonposted May 20, 2004
- UNC students debate with Pastor Fred Phelps and his anti-gay views.
The Time For Nonviolence Has Come
by Michael N. Naglerposted May 20, 2004
- International Solidarity Movement and the power of nonviolence
Shall We Study War or Peace?
by Fran Kortenposted May 20, 2004
- Fran Korten reviews YES! Magazine's Making Peace and Victor David Hansons An Autumn of War.
Tribes Find Power In Wind
by Winona LaDukeposted May 20, 2004
- Intertribal Council on Utility Policy, COUP, first wind generator dedicated on Rosebud Reservation, clean energy windshed. sustainable homeland economic development. summer 2003.
Iraqi Americans Face FBI Inquiries
by Pramila Jayapalposted May 20, 2004
- U.S. Justice Department and FBI interview immigrants.
Eight Steps To Teach Kids Peace
by The Alliance for Childhoodposted May 20, 2004
- 8 practical steps to teaching peace in your community.
Bolivians Topple President
by Lisa Gale Garriguesposted Dec 31, 2003
- The people of Bolivia took to the streets in October 2003 to bring an end to the leadership of President Gonzlo Sanchez de Lozada.
Turning Scarcity Into Abundance
by Vandana Shivaposted Dec 31, 2003
- The solution to scarcity is not more mega-projects, more control by giant corporations, or more globalization. The solution to scarcity is more democracy
Book Reviews: Now is it time to close the prisons?
by Carol Estesposted Dec 31, 2003
- Now is it time to close the prisons? by Carol Estes - Book reviews of THE PERPETUAL PRISONER MACHINE: How America Profits from Crime By Joel Dyer - ARE PRISONS OBSOLETE? By Angela Y. Davis - PRISON NATION: The Warehousing of America's Poor Edited by Tara Herivel and Paul Wright - THE DEATH GAME: Capital Punishment and the Luck of the Draw - By Mike Gray
Bringing Back Desert Springs
by Gary Nabhanposted Dec 31, 2003
- The Hopi people of the Black Mesa region know how to farm and thrive in the desert Southwest. But a giant coal company is draining the aquifer that feeds their sacred springs and makes their livelihood possible.
The War Against Ourselves
by Doug Rokkeposted Mar 31, 2003
- A career army officer went to the Gulf to bring US soldiers safely through nuclear, chemical, and biological warfare. What he experienced convinced him that war is obsolete an interview with Major Doug Rokke
Detentions Spark Protests
by Pramila Jayapalposted Mar 31, 2003
- Immigrant deportions, NSEERS, National Security Entry Exit Registration System, immigrant rights, Pramila Jayapal