Peace and Justice
Stand Your Ground to Stop the Violence
by Sarah van GelderMar 27, 2012
- What can be done to stop needless violence like the killing of Trayvon Martin?
Juliana Rotich: A Map App for Crises
by Lindsay KuceraFeb 01, 2012
- From Kenya, an open-source solution for navigating chaos.
The (Remote-Controlled) War at Home
by Valerie SchloredtJan 12, 2012
- One in three military aircraft is now a drone. How activists are trying to bring the moral implications of drone warfare to light.
Lucas Benitez: Dignity in the Fields
by Frances Moore LappeJan 03, 2012
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: In the tomato fields of Florida, fighting for our most exploited farm workers.
War and Peacemaking in Liberia
by Seth BidermanDec 30, 2011
- Former soldier Christian Bethelson’s only job skill was killing—until a chance meeting on a muddy road transformed his life, and many others through it.
In Defense of Diplomacy
by Stephen ZunesNov 23, 2011
- New legislation would make all diplomatic contact with Iran illegal. Stephen Zunes explains why we need to keep the lines of communication open.
Lessons of a Police Chief: Militarized Policing Is a Mistake
by Norm StamperNov 16, 2011
- From his experience overseeing Seattle’s infamous crackdown on WTO protesters years ago, Norm Stamper knows exactly what police should not do.
Military Resistance a Strong Brew
by Dean PatonNov 11, 2011
- Near the gates of Fort Lewis, anti-war veterans serve up support and solidarity (along with double-tall lattes) to their friends in uniform.
People We Love: JR
Oct 20, 2011
- A former street artist makes art for humanity.
Standing on the Side of Peace
by Jen MarloweSep 21, 2011
- How one man’s journey changed everything I knew about the Middle East conflict.
Time to Stop the Real Reefer Madness
by Laura CarlsenSep 16, 2011
- Since its inception, the War on Drugs has cost millions of dollars and thousands of lives. The civilians caught in the crossfire say it’s time for change.
After 9/11: An Interfaith Answer to Extremism
by Rabbi Ted Falcon, Pastor Don Mackenzie, Imam Jamal RahmanSep 09, 2011
- Brought together by 9/11, three friends of different faiths look for answers about when and why religion leads to violence.
A Truly Courageous Response to Terror
by Fran KortenSep 08, 2011
- What we can learn from Norway: Violence, fear, and political repression aren’t the only way to respond to a terrorist attack.
The Soul of the World
by Valerie TruebloodSep 07, 2011
- Book Review: Essays on the definition of terror and the consciousness of transformation.
Bring Our War Dollars Home
by Oliver LazenbySep 01, 2011
- U.S. Mayors: In order to build up jobs, we have to draw down troops.