The choice for war or peace is ours to make. But we have to choose.
Leymah Gbowee: A Powerful Voice for Peace
by Kwami Nyamidieposted Jun 10, 2010
- Leymah Gbowee's commitment to nonviolent resistance helped stop the Liberian civil war. She now helps other women promote peace throughout Africa.
Ending the Mexican Drug War: An Activist’s Advice
by Erich Moncadaposted Jun 03, 2010
- Fighting rampant corruption with citizen action—in Mexico and the U.S.—is the key to peace.
In Iran, Sanctions vs. Diplomacy
by Phyllis Bennisposted May 20, 2010
- Can the U.N. Security Council keep the U.S. from disrupting a diplomatic victory?
In Afghan Negotiations, Who’s at the Table?
by Phyllis Bennisposted May 14, 2010
- A real path to peace will involve a lot more players (and fewer soldiers).
The Good Soldier :: Film Trailer
posted May 13, 2010
- Five war veterans tell of events from World War II, Vietnam, the Gulf War, and Iraq. Their stories challenge the notion that war is a lawful arena for social injustice and mass murder and instead, advocate for peace.
Afghanistan: Should We Stay or Should We Go?
by Mark Englerposted May 04, 2010
- The time has come for a U.S. exit strategy in Afghanistan. But is "Out Now" a valid response? David Wildman, Sunita Viswanath, and Lorelei Kelly discuss how can we best support Afghan national stability.
Freeing the Spirit of Change
by Rabbi Ted Falconposted Apr 09, 2010
- Ethical behavior and loving generosity are at the core of faith—so why is the world hurting? Rabbi Ted Falcon on why paying attention to our interconnection is the first step toward healing.
Protests Mount Against Israeli Blockade of Gaza
posted Feb 26, 2010
- In a series of protests across the Arab world, activists have demanded an end to the siege of the Gaza Strip and expressed outrage at the Egyptian government for actions that reflect the political will of Israel and the United States.
Hope's Poet: Interview with Dennis Brutus
by Shirin Shirinposted Feb 25, 2010
- The late Dennis Brutus, an elder in South Africa's long struggle against apartheid, shares his story, his poetry, and why he's optimistic about the global justice movement.
Pray the Devil Back to Hell :: Film Trailer
posted Feb 11, 2010
- In the face of the civil wars wrecking their country, a small group of courageous Liberian women banded together to advocate peace.
Building Cultures of Peace
by Riane Eislerposted Feb 11, 2010
- To transition from a system of domination to one of partnership, we need to take a hard look at the way we think about gender.
Making Peace in South Asia: The Role of Citizens' Diplomacy
by Zia Mianposted Jan 29, 2010
- Tired of waiting for their governments to act, Indians and Pakistanis are uniting to find common ground and pathways to peace.
What’s Wrong with Avatar?
by Fran Kortenposted Jan 15, 2010
- James Cameron's Avatar has its pluses, but it elevates violence instead of depicting a real path to peace and cultural transformation.
The Ironies of Peace
by Michael Naglerposted Dec 23, 2009
- Michael Nagler reflects on President Obamas acceptance speech for the Nobel Peace Prize.
A New Beginning with the Muslim World
by Farrah Hassenposted Dec 17, 2009
- If the administration is serious about building a new relationship with the Muslim world, it should implement one basic, non-ideological, cost-effective policy: Stop killing Muslims.