Peace and Justice
The Third Side of Conflict is Peace
Dec 20, 2010
- The secret to peace—within your family or the Middle East—could be as simple as taking a walk.
by Puanani BurgessDec 05, 2010
- How Hawaiian tradition sorts out family disputes.
Making Peace with the Sword Verse
by Sheikh Jamal RahmanOct 13, 2010
- Sheikh Jamal Rahman on dealing with some of the Quran’s most troubling text.
Abolishing the War System: The Big Picture
by Michael N. NaglerOct 12, 2010
- The patina of glory that surrounds war is wearing off. Is this the beginning of the end of the war mindset?
How We Brought Down a Dictator
by Bryan Farrell, Eric StonerOct 07, 2010
- 10 years later: A conversation with Srdja Popovic, a leader in the the nonviolent overthrow of Slobodan Milosevic.
Quotes from the Quran and from Rumi
by Sarah Van GelderSep 09, 2010
- Interested in what Muslim sacred texts actually say? Here's a short selection of quotes recommend by Jamal Rahman.
Eight Ways to Confront Extremism on 9/11
by Sarah van GelderSep 09, 2010
- How to further tolerance and healing on this September 11th, an especially important time to speak up.
Maryland Protects Student Info From Recruiters
by Pat ElderSep 09, 2010
- Graduating high school students with increasingly grim job prospects are vulnerable to recruitment tactics. A new law limits military access to student data.
Waging Peace from Afar: Divestment and Israeli Occupation
by Phyllis BennisAug 20, 2010
- A growing grassroots movement is using the techniques of the anti-apartheid movement to challenge U.S. support for Israel’s occupation of Palestinian territories.
Coming of Age in Hiroshima
by Jane Braxton LittleAug 05, 2010
- August 6, 1945 forever changed the world. Hiroshima is witness to our capacity and our willingness to destroy.
WikiLeaks: Pentagon Papers 2.0?
by Phyllis BennisJul 27, 2010
- The WikiLeaks documents tell us what we already knew: This war isn't winnable. Can they help us stop it?
Pentagon Spending on the Chopping Block
by Christopher HellmanJul 15, 2010
- For the first time in years, there’s serious discussion about the size of our military budget.
An End to Constant War
by William J. AstoreJul 09, 2010
- Seven reasons we're always at war ... and seven ways to quit.
Every Teacher a Peace Teacher
by David Jackson CookJun 29, 2010
- At the heart of new Peace Studies programs is the declaration that nonviolence, peace, and justice are not utopian dreams but real and practical ways in which humans can affect the world around them.
Leymah Gbowee: A Powerful Voice for Peace
by Kwami NyamidieJun 10, 2010
- Leymah Gbowee's commitment to nonviolent resistance helped stop the Liberian civil war. She now helps other women promote peace throughout Africa.