Peace and Justice
Freeing the Spirit of Change
by Rabbi Ted FalconApr 09, 2010
- Ethical behavior and loving generosity are at the core of faith—so why is the world hurting? Rabbi Ted Falcon on why paying attention to our interconnection is the first step toward healing.
Protests Mount Against Israeli Blockade of Gaza
Feb 26, 2010
- In a series of protests across the Arab world, activists have demanded an end to the siege of the Gaza Strip and expressed outrage at the Egyptian government for actions that reflect the political will of Israel and the United States.
Hope's Poet: Interview with Dennis Brutus
by Shirin ShirinFeb 25, 2010
- The late Dennis Brutus, an elder in South Africa's long struggle against apartheid, shares his story, his poetry, and why he's optimistic about the global justice movement.
Pray the Devil Back to Hell :: Film Trailer
Feb 11, 2010
- In the face of the civil wars wrecking their country, a small group of courageous Liberian women banded together to advocate peace.
Building Cultures of Peace
by Riane EislerFeb 11, 2010
- To transition from a system of domination to one of partnership, we need to take a hard look at the way we think about gender.
Making Peace in South Asia: The Role of Citizens' Diplomacy
by Zia MianJan 29, 2010
- Tired of waiting for their governments to act, Indians and Pakistanis are uniting to find common ground and pathways to peace.
What’s Wrong with Avatar?
by Fran KortenJan 15, 2010
- James Cameron's Avatar has its pluses, but it elevates violence instead of depicting a real path to peace and cultural transformation.
The Ironies of Peace
by Michael NaglerDec 23, 2009
- Michael Nagler reflects on President Obamas acceptance speech for the Nobel Peace Prize.
A New Beginning with the Muslim World
by Farrah HassenDec 17, 2009
- If the administration is serious about building a new relationship with the Muslim world, it should implement one basic, non-ideological, cost-effective policy: Stop killing Muslims.
Why is Costa Rica Smiling?
by Lisa Gale GarriguesDec 15, 2009
- How a focus on peace is helping this Central American country top the Happy Planet Index.
When Our Leaders Fail to Lead
by David KortenDec 02, 2009
- We have to make them. What David Korten learned from his experiences during the Vietnam War.
Obama's Afghanistan Speech: Where Do We Go from Here?
by Phyllis BennisDec 02, 2009
- What the president said, what he left out, and what we can still do to promote peace.
by Duran ParsiNov 12, 2009
- Commentary: Iran's opposition movement has achieved real success in the tangible altering of Iran’s nuclear policy, heightened efforts at economic stabilization, and a toned-down foreign policy.
People Power Brought Down the Berlin Wall
by Sarah van GelderNov 09, 2009
- Some say it was Ronald Reagan's toughness that forced down the wall. But detente between East and West and grassroots people's movements deserve the credit.
by Jim WallisNov 04, 2009
- Counter-insurgency? Counter-terrorism? What we need is a whole new approach—leading with development and the knowledge of NGOs on the ground, writes Jim Wallis.