The choice for war or peace is ours to make. But we have to choose.
Why is Costa Rica Smiling?
by Lisa Gale Garriguesposted Dec 15, 2009
- How a focus on peace is helping this Central American country top the Happy Planet Index.
When Our Leaders Fail to Lead
by David Kortenposted Dec 02, 2009
- We have to make them. What David Korten learned from his experiences during the Vietnam War.
Obama's Afghanistan Speech: Where Do We Go from Here?
by Phyllis Bennisposted Dec 02, 2009
- What the president said, what he left out, and what we can still do to promote peace.
by Duran Parsiposted Nov 12, 2009
- Commentary: Iran's opposition movement has achieved real success in the tangible altering of Iran’s nuclear policy, heightened efforts at economic stabilization, and a toned-down foreign policy.
People Power Brought Down the Berlin Wall
by Sarah van Gelderposted Nov 09, 2009
- Some say it was Ronald Reagan's toughness that forced down the wall. But detente between East and West and grassroots people's movements deserve the credit.
by Jim Wallisposted Nov 04, 2009
- Counter-insurgency? Counter-terrorism? What we need is a whole new approach—leading with development and the knowledge of NGOs on the ground, writes Jim Wallis.
Finding an Exit from the Afghan Trap
by Patrick Sealeposted Oct 23, 2009
- The current debate in Washington, focused on troop numbers and military strategy, has failed to give any serious attention to the possibility of bringing the Afghan war to an end by political means.
8 Years of War—And What Do We Get?
by Jo Comerfordposted Oct 13, 2009
- The skyrocketing costs and casualties of the war in Afghanistan should make us re-evaluate our national priorities and broaden our definition of security.
Nobel Committee, Strategic as Ever, Taps Obama for Peace Prize
by Robert Naimanposted Oct 09, 2009
- In giving this award, the Committee is saying to the U.S.: "Showing signs of significant improvement. Keep up the good work."
How to Exit Afghanistan
by Erik Leaverposted Oct 01, 2009
- An exit strategy is the best way to support Afghanistan's long-term prospects for peace and prosperity.
Costa Rica Creates Department of Peace
by Susie Shuttsposted Sep 22, 2009
- Former justice ministry will now focus on promoting peace and conflict resolution.
Let's Think Peace
posted Sep 21, 2009
- Huong, an artist, peace activist, and former refugee who fled her native Vietnam in 1975, has painted her visions of war and peace for more than three decades.
People We Love: Heng Monychenda
by Lynsi Burtonposted Sep 18, 2009
- Peaceful approach in rural Cambodia
Weapons of Mass Democracy
by Stephen Zunesposted Sep 16, 2009
- Here’s evidence that nonviolence is the most powerful tool to promote democracy and overthrow tyranny.
Fierce Light :: Film Trailer
by Velcrow Ripperposted Aug 14, 2009
- Velcrow Ripper's latest documentary portrays examples of spiritual activism: political actions focusing on compassion and interconnection.