The choice for war or peace is ours to make. But we have to choose.
Life in Iran with Rick Steves
by Abdi Samiposted Jul 11, 2008
- In March of 2008 Rick Steves travelled to Iran to produce a travel documentary on the country and its people. Rick's intention was to put a human face on the people behind the headlines about Iran. Here are photos and stories from the team's ten days of traveling.
DIY Foreign Policy Heroes
posted Jun 06, 2008
- Think foreign policy is just for politicians? These people can change your mind.
People We Love :: Ava Lowery
posted May 22, 2008
- Ava Lowery launched peacetakescourage.com, a website showcasing her homemade antiwar videos.
Signs of Life :: Iraq War
by Madeline Ostranderposted May 22, 2008
- Virtual Memorials for War Casualties
Has Your Town Declared Peace Yet?
by Ben Manski, Karen Dolanposted May 22, 2008
- Ben Manski and Karen Dolan show how local communities have quit waiting for the federal government and are making their own foreign policy
Candidates for Congress Show the Way Out
by Erik Leaverposted May 22, 2008
- The 2006 mid-term election sent a clear signal: Americans want out of Iraq. As the occupation drags on, 10 candidates for the U.S. Congress announce a plan to bring all the troops home.
8 Experts Show the Way to a New Role for the U.S.
posted May 22, 2008
- How can we transform our most difficult global relationships? 8 experts give their best advice on a new role for the U.S.
by Jehane Noujaimposted Apr 29, 2008
- View the trailer for Jehane Noujaim's award-winning documentary, Control Room, which examines media coverage of the Iraq War.
Pete Seeger Interview: How Can I Keep from Singing?
by Sarah van Gelderposted Feb 01, 2008
- At the age of 94, Pete Seeger has passed away. Sarah van Gelder interviewed him in 2007 on a life of music and the power of millions of small changes.
CODEPINK :: 7 Ways to Prevent War with Iran
by CODEPINKposted Nov 09, 2007
- CODEPINK suggests seven steps you can take to oppose a war with Iran.
People Taking Charge :6: Colombia Peace Village
posted Nov 07, 2007
- Individual villages in Colombia are resisting by remaining neutral, refusing to participate in the war, not carrying weapons, and saying no to injustice
The Fine Art of Raising a Ruckus
by Jen Angelposted Nov 07, 2007
- Clowns and puppets, theater and drumbeats—street spectacle carves out space for experiencing a new world.
Commentary: An Honorable Exit from Iraq
by Poka Laenuiposted Jul 29, 2007
- Poka Laenui outlines the 7 steps the U.S. should take to achieve an honorable exit from Iraq.
Iraq Veterans, Activists for Peace
by Sarah Olsonposted May 11, 2007
- Iraq War veterans Ricky Clousing, Garett Reppenhagen, and Darrell Anderson tell their stories.
Listening to Iraqi Voices
by Lisa Farino, Dal LaMagnaposted Feb 15, 2007
- How can Iraq find peace? Entrepreneur and activist Dal LaMagna traveled with Code Pink to neutral ground in Jordan to find out what the Iraqi people think.