The choice for war or peace is ours to make. But we have to choose.
Quote :: issue 46 :: Split This Rock
posted Nov 12, 2008
- “I dream of a child who will ask, ‘Mother, what was war?’”
The Power of Forgiveness
posted Nov 04, 2008
- The Power of Forgiveness explores the challenges and reveals how forgiveness can transform your life.
YES! Film Picks :: The Power of Forgiveness
by Carol Estesposted Oct 31, 2008
- This thoughtful film recounts the stories of people who have suffered almost unbearable losses and invites us into their struggles to forgive. The film also explores the life journeys of Holocaust-survivor Elie Wiesel and Vietnam War-survivor Thich Nhat Hanh. Both found so much power in forgiveness that they have made it the centerpiece of their life’s work...
Building Peace in Iraq
by David Smith-Ferriposted Oct 03, 2008
- What happens when we listen to Iraqis' stories, and trust that Iraqis are the best source for information about their own experiences? The story of Direct Aid Iraq.
In Review :: Nonviolence: The History of a Dangerous Idea
by James Trimarcoposted Jul 30, 2008
- Best-selling author Mark Kurlansky describes the movements—often religious in origin—that have denounced war in favor of active nonviolent resistance.
Signs of Life :: Foreign Policy
posted Jul 30, 2008
- Activists and political leaders across the country are saying “no” to U.S. military action against Iran and demanding that the U.S. government pursue real diplomacy.
How Iran Could Help the United States
by Robert Naimanposted Jul 15, 2008
- Instead of bombing Iran, we could draw on that nation to collaborate in winning the peace for the entire region. By Robert Naiman.
Americans Say No to War with Iran: Will Washington Listen?
by Sarah van Gelderposted Jul 12, 2008
- Sarah van Gelder discusses Resolution 362, which encourages what amounts to an act of war against Iran.
Life in Iran with Rick Steves
by Abdi Samiposted Jul 11, 2008
- In March of 2008 Rick Steves travelled to Iran to produce a travel documentary on the country and its people. Rick's intention was to put a human face on the people behind the headlines about Iran. Here are photos and stories from the team's ten days of traveling.
DIY Foreign Policy Heroes
posted Jun 06, 2008
- Think foreign policy is just for politicians? These people can change your mind.
People We Love :: Ava Lowery
posted May 22, 2008
- Ava Lowery launched peacetakescourage.com, a website showcasing her homemade antiwar videos.
Signs of Life :: Iraq War
by Madeline Ostranderposted May 22, 2008
- Virtual Memorials for War Casualties
Has Your Town Declared Peace Yet?
by Ben Manski, Karen Dolanposted May 22, 2008
- Ben Manski and Karen Dolan show how local communities have quit waiting for the federal government and are making their own foreign policy
Candidates for Congress Show the Way Out
by Erik Leaverposted May 22, 2008
- The 2006 mid-term election sent a clear signal: Americans want out of Iraq. As the occupation drags on, 10 candidates for the U.S. Congress announce a plan to bring all the troops home.
8 Experts Show the Way to a New Role for the U.S.
posted May 22, 2008
- How can we transform our most difficult global relationships? 8 experts give their best advice on a new role for the U.S.