Peace and Justice
8 Experts Show the Way to a New Role for the U.S.
May 22, 2008
- How can we transform our most difficult global relationships? 8 experts give their best advice on a new role for the U.S.
by Jehane NoujaimApr 29, 2008
- View the trailer for Jehane Noujaim's award-winning documentary, Control Room, which examines media coverage of the Iraq War.
Pete Seeger Interview: How Can I Keep from Singing?
by Sarah van GelderFeb 01, 2008
- At the age of 94, Pete Seeger has passed away. Sarah van Gelder interviewed him in 2007 on a life of music and the power of millions of small changes.
CODEPINK :: 7 Ways to Prevent War with Iran
by CODEPINKNov 09, 2007
- CODEPINK suggests seven steps you can take to oppose a war with Iran.
People Taking Charge :6: Colombia Peace Village
Nov 07, 2007
- Individual villages in Colombia are resisting by remaining neutral, refusing to participate in the war, not carrying weapons, and saying no to injustice
The Fine Art of Raising a Ruckus
by Jen AngelNov 07, 2007
- Clowns and puppets, theater and drumbeats—street spectacle carves out space for experiencing a new world.
Commentary: An Honorable Exit from Iraq
by Poka LaenuiJul 29, 2007
- Poka Laenui outlines the 7 steps the U.S. should take to achieve an honorable exit from Iraq.
Iraq Veterans, Activists for Peace
by Sarah OlsonMay 11, 2007
- Iraq War veterans Ricky Clousing, Garett Reppenhagen, and Darrell Anderson tell their stories.
Listening to Iraqi Voices
by Lisa Farino, Dal LaMagnaFeb 15, 2007
- How can Iraq find peace? Entrepreneur and activist Dal LaMagna traveled with Code Pink to neutral ground in Jordan to find out what the Iraqi people think.
The Case of Lt. Ehren Watada
by Martha BaskinJan 25, 2007
- Last week a military court judge ruled Lt. Ehren Watada, the first Army Lieutenant to refuse orders to deploy to Iraq, could not raise the legality of the Iraq War in his defense. Members of the public gathered for a Citizens’ Hearing on the legality of U.S. actions in Iraq.
Peace is Possible in Iraq
by Lisa Farino, Medea BenjaminJan 07, 2007
- What would it take to create peace in Iraq? Medea Benjamin and a delegation of U.S. citizens met with Iraqis to find out. Interview with Medea Benjamin.
Abraham to Descendants: “Knock it Off”
by Sarah van GelderNov 06, 2006
- The Interfaith Amigos: A rabbi, a minister, and an imam, brought together by 9/11 and what followed, discover new spiritual depths from their dialogue and friendship.
The Voice of a Mother is Powerful
by Sarah van GelderSep 01, 2006
- An interview with Gold Star Mother Cindy Sheehan with reflections on why she continues her search for the "noble cause" that took the life of her son, Casey.
In Iraq: A Place To Be Human, First
by Bill WeinbergMay 03, 2006
- They don't like the occupation or the militias, and they aren't signing up for any political or religious faction. Instead, these Iraqis are claiming the space to live with their neighbors in peace.
Can Soap Operas Save the World?
by Carol EstesMay 02, 2006
- In some battle-fatigued areas, soap operas have become a path to healing.