Peace and Justice
Signs of Life :: Foreign Policy
Jul 30, 2008
- Activists and political leaders across the country are saying “no” to U.S. military action against Iran and demanding that the U.S. government pursue real diplomacy.
How Iran Could Help the United States
by Robert NaimanJul 15, 2008
- Instead of bombing Iran, we could draw on that nation to collaborate in winning the peace for the entire region. By Robert Naiman.
Americans Say No to War with Iran: Will Washington Listen?
by Sarah van GelderJul 12, 2008
- Sarah van Gelder discusses Resolution 362, which encourages what amounts to an act of war against Iran.
Life in Iran with Rick Steves
by Abdi SamiJul 11, 2008
- In March of 2008 Rick Steves travelled to Iran to produce a travel documentary on the country and its people. Rick's intention was to put a human face on the people behind the headlines about Iran. Here are photos and stories from the team's ten days of traveling.
DIY Foreign Policy Heroes
Jun 06, 2008
- Think foreign policy is just for politicians? These people can change your mind.
People We Love :: Ava Lowery
May 22, 2008
- Ava Lowery launched peacetakescourage.com, a website showcasing her homemade antiwar videos.
Signs of Life :: Iraq War
by Madeline OstranderMay 22, 2008
- Virtual Memorials for War Casualties
Has Your Town Declared Peace Yet?
by Ben Manski, Karen DolanMay 22, 2008
- Ben Manski and Karen Dolan show how local communities have quit waiting for the federal government and are making their own foreign policy
Candidates for Congress Show the Way Out
by Erik LeaverMay 22, 2008
- The 2006 mid-term election sent a clear signal: Americans want out of Iraq. As the occupation drags on, 10 candidates for the U.S. Congress announce a plan to bring all the troops home.
8 Experts Show the Way to a New Role for the U.S.
May 22, 2008
- How can we transform our most difficult global relationships? 8 experts give their best advice on a new role for the U.S.
by Jehane NoujaimApr 29, 2008
- View the trailer for Jehane Noujaim's award-winning documentary, Control Room, which examines media coverage of the Iraq War.
Pete Seeger Interview: How Can I Keep from Singing?
by Sarah van GelderFeb 01, 2008
- At the age of 94, Pete Seeger has passed away. Sarah van Gelder interviewed him in 2007 on a life of music and the power of millions of small changes.
CODEPINK :: 7 Ways to Prevent War with Iran
by CODEPINKNov 09, 2007
- CODEPINK suggests seven steps you can take to oppose a war with Iran.
People Taking Charge :6: Colombia Peace Village
Nov 07, 2007
- Individual villages in Colombia are resisting by remaining neutral, refusing to participate in the war, not carrying weapons, and saying no to injustice
The Fine Art of Raising a Ruckus
by Jen AngelNov 07, 2007
- Clowns and puppets, theater and drumbeats—street spectacle carves out space for experiencing a new world.