Peace and Justice
Active Nonviolence: Heroes for an Unheroic Time
by Carol EstesFeb 08, 2006
- A nonviolent army stands fast, watching over human rights in the midst of conflict, a model of courageous peace.
Department of Peace and Nonviolence
by Leslie Eliel, Doug PibelNov 08, 2005
- Sen. Mark Dayton of Minnesota sponsored legislation to create a Department of Peace.
Peace Movement Rallies as War Support Erodes
by Doug PibelNov 07, 2005
- September 24, 2005 saw the first major American antiwar demonstration since the United States invaded Iraq.
Military Families Say "Bring Them Home Now"
by Lou PlummerMay 25, 2005
- In Fayetteville, North Carolina, a protest led by veterans and military families drew 4,000 people to the largest demonstration ever held in that military city.
Insisting on Peace in Colombia
by Bill WeinbergNov 11, 2004
- The indigenous peoples, peasants, and urban youth of Colombia are declaring themselves off limits to the region's longest running war.
The Warriors Who Turned to Peace
by John MohawkNov 11, 2004
- John Mohawk discusses what we can learn from the legacy of Haudenosaunee peace making: peace is the result of righteousness, reason, and power.
Love and Resistance in Wartime: An Interview with Chris Hedges
by Sarah Ruth van GelderNov 08, 2004
- A veteran war correspondent draws on his years in chaotic war zones to reflect on what the young men and women fighting in Iraq face as they return home, and what war trauma means for all of us.
The February 15 Peace Uprising
by Sarah Ruth van GelderMay 20, 2004
- The February 15 peace uprising is just the most visible of many efforts in which ordinary people from around the world are together making things happen that wouldn't otherwise be possible.
A Pilgrimage to Syria
by Elias Amidon, Elizabeth Rabia RobertsMay 20, 2004
- The Damascus peace mission: pilgrims to Syria find that the healing of wounds begins with listening, learning, and praying together in many languages.
The Time For Nonviolence Has Come
by Michael N. NaglerMay 20, 2004
- International Solidarity Movement and the power of nonviolence
Shall We Study War or Peace?
by Fran KortenMay 20, 2004
- Fran Korten reviews YES! Magazine's Making Peace and Victor David Hansons An Autumn of War.
Eight Steps To Teach Kids Peace
by The Alliance for ChildhoodMay 20, 2004
- 8 practical steps to teaching peace in your community.
Saying Yes! to Peace
Mar 10, 2003
- Voices from the YES! Magazine archives on War, Iraq, and Envisioning a Better Way
There is no Basis for War
by Phyllis BennisMar 05, 2003
- Talking points created for United for Peace and Justice. We cannot accept the legitimacy of killing potentially hundreds of thousands of Iraqis to prevent an unknown speculative future threat.
10 Questions Americans Are Asking as the US Government Prepares for War
by Carolyn McConnell, Kim CorriganMar 05, 2003
- Ten questions Americans are asking in the run-up to war with Iraq.