The choice for war or peace is ours to make. But we have to choose.
Insisting on Peace in Colombia
by Bill Weinbergposted Nov 11, 2004
- The indigenous peoples, peasants, and urban youth of Colombia are declaring themselves off limits to the region's longest running war.
The Warriors Who Turned to Peace
by John Mohawkposted Nov 11, 2004
- John Mohawk discusses what we can learn from the legacy of Haudenosaunee peace making: peace is the result of righteousness, reason, and power.
Love and Resistance in Wartime: An Interview with Chris Hedges
by Sarah Ruth van Gelderposted Nov 08, 2004
- A veteran war correspondent draws on his years in chaotic war zones to reflect on what the young men and women fighting in Iraq face as they return home, and what war trauma means for all of us.
The February 15 Peace Uprising
by Sarah Ruth van Gelderposted May 20, 2004
- The February 15 peace uprising is just the most visible of many efforts in which ordinary people from around the world are together making things happen that wouldn't otherwise be possible.
A Pilgrimage to Syria
by Elias Amidon, Elizabeth Rabia Robertsposted May 20, 2004
- The Damascus peace mission: pilgrims to Syria find that the healing of wounds begins with listening, learning, and praying together in many languages.
The Time For Nonviolence Has Come
by Michael N. Naglerposted May 20, 2004
- International Solidarity Movement and the power of nonviolence
Shall We Study War or Peace?
by Fran Kortenposted May 20, 2004
- Fran Korten reviews YES! Magazine's Making Peace and Victor David Hansons An Autumn of War.
Eight Steps To Teach Kids Peace
by The Alliance for Childhoodposted May 20, 2004
- 8 practical steps to teaching peace in your community.
Saying Yes! to Peace
posted Mar 10, 2003
- Voices from the YES! Magazine archives on War, Iraq, and Envisioning a Better Way
There is no Basis for War
by Phyllis Bennisposted Mar 05, 2003
- Talking points created for United for Peace and Justice. We cannot accept the legitimacy of killing potentially hundreds of thousands of Iraqis to prevent an unknown speculative future threat.
10 Questions Americans Are Asking as the US Government Prepares for War
by Carolyn McConnell, Kim Corriganposted Mar 05, 2003
- Ten questions Americans are asking in the run-up to war with Iraq.
Readers Take Action
by David Smith-Ferriposted Dec 31, 2002
- In Iraq, Waiting for War
Not in My Brother's Name
by Carolyn McConnellposted Jun 30, 2002
- Does the suffering of September 11 justify US military attacks? Some families of victims are saying no to more violence and yes to peace.
What Happens To Your Heart
by David Morseposted Jan 31, 2002
- The Campaign of Conscience joins North Americans who oppose the war in Iraq. They organize acts of civil disobedience and continue to provide humanitarian aid to Iraqis.
by Samuel P. Olinerposted Nov 05, 2001
- Sociologist and Holocaust survivor Samuel P. Oliner writes about what motivates altruists and heroes who put the welfare of others alongside their own. Reaching out to others has been the force behind much that is good in the world.