The choice for war or peace is ours to make. But we have to choose.
Israelis and Iranians Feel the Love
posted Apr 11, 2012
- As their leaders talk violence, some residents of Israel and Iran are reaching out to each other directly with a promise of peace.
Occupy 2.0: The Great Turning
by Michael Naglerposted Apr 05, 2012
- Michael Nagler on building a movement to build a new reality.
Eyes on the Prize: MLK’s Lessons for Occupy
by Valerie Schloredtposted Apr 04, 2012
- At the time of his death, Martin Luther King Jr. was planning a campaign around economic injustice—including a mass encampment of poor people in Washington, D.C.
Stand Your Ground to Stop the Violence
by Sarah van Gelderposted Mar 27, 2012
- What can be done to stop needless violence like the killing of Trayvon Martin?
Juliana Rotich: A Map App for Crises
by Lindsay Kuceraposted Feb 01, 2012
- From Kenya, an open-source solution for navigating chaos.
The (Remote-Controlled) War at Home
by Valerie Schloredtposted Jan 12, 2012
- One in three military aircraft is now a drone. How activists are trying to bring the moral implications of drone warfare to light.
Lucas Benitez: Dignity in the Fields
by Frances Moore Lappéposted Jan 03, 2012
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: In the tomato fields of Florida, fighting for our most exploited farm workers.
War and Peacemaking in Liberia
by Seth Bidermanposted Dec 30, 2011
- Former soldier Christian Bethelson’s only job skill was killing—until a chance meeting on a muddy road transformed his life, and many others through it.
In Defense of Diplomacy
by Stephen Zunesposted Nov 23, 2011
- New legislation would make all diplomatic contact with Iran illegal. Stephen Zunes explains why we need to keep the lines of communication open.
Lessons of a Police Chief: Militarization is a Mistake
by Norm Stamperposted Nov 16, 2011
- The police chief who oversaw Seattle’s crackdown on WTO protesters learned the dangers of militarization. His advice for a creating a police force that truly serves and protects communities.
Military Resistance a Strong Brew
by Dean Patonposted Nov 11, 2011
- Near the gates of Fort Lewis, anti-war veterans serve up support and solidarity (along with double-tall lattes) to their friends in uniform.
People We Love: JR
posted Oct 20, 2011
- A former street artist makes art for humanity.
Standing on the Side of Peace
by Jen Marloweposted Sep 21, 2011
- How one man’s journey changed everything I knew about the Middle East conflict.
Time to Stop the Real Reefer Madness
by Laura Carlsenposted Sep 16, 2011
- Since its inception, the War on Drugs has cost millions of dollars and thousands of lives. The civilians caught in the crossfire say it’s time for change.
After 9/11: An Interfaith Answer to Extremism
by Rabbi Ted Falcon, Pastor Don Mackenzie, Imam Jamal Rahmanposted Sep 09, 2011
- Brought together by 9/11, three friends of different faiths look for answers about when and why religion leads to violence.