Peace and Justice
Nuclear Disarmament is People’s Work
by Joe CopelandMar 15, 2011
- Presidential declarations and filmmakers' scare tactics get the attention—meanwhile, powerful grassroots movements build on 60 years of effort.
People We Love: Bradley Manning
Mar 11, 2011
- Challenging secrecy with WikiLeaks.
Tolerance in a Small Town
by Sven EberleinMar 08, 2011
- Residents rally for their Muslim neighbors when authorities target the local Islamic center.
Stopping the Settlements: Can a Veto Mean Victory?
by Phyllis BennisFeb 26, 2011
- Phyllis Bennis: Bureaucratic defeat within the United Nations security council might lead to diplomatic victory for those seeking to end Israeli settlements in Palestinian territories.
Lessons and Signs of Hope Amidst the Carnage in Libya
by Stephen ZunesFeb 25, 2011
- Gaddafi's violence is backfiring as many of those who work for his regime—from pilots to soldiers to diplomats—are refusing to continue.
Libya and Beyond: What’s Next for Democracy?
by Phyllis BennisFeb 24, 2011
- Phyllis Bennis on why Libya differs from other pro-democracy uprisings in the region.
In Egypt, Something Rare and Remarkable
by Katherine GustafsonFeb 10, 2011
- From Cairo, a first-person account of the way Egyptians supported and protected one another during the historic protests that led to the departure of President Hosni Mubarak.
Robert Sapolsky: The Uniqueness of Humans
Feb 01, 2011
- What can we learn from our similarities and differences in relation to other animals?
10 Most Hopeful Stories of 2010
by Sarah van GelderDec 22, 2010
- There was plenty of disappointment and hardship this year. But the year also brought opportunities for transformation.
Shifting Sands: Jewish Women Confront the Israeli Occupation
by Linda FrankDec 21, 2010
- 14 women find their voice in this collection of essays.
The Third Side of Conflict is Peace
Dec 20, 2010
- The secret to peace—within your family or the Middle East—could be as simple as taking a walk.
by Puanani BurgessDec 05, 2010
- How Hawaiian tradition sorts out family disputes.
Making Peace with the Sword Verse
by Sheikh Jamal RahmanOct 13, 2010
- Sheikh Jamal Rahman on dealing with some of the Quran’s most troubling text.
Abolishing the War System: The Big Picture
by Michael N. NaglerOct 12, 2010
- The patina of glory that surrounds war is wearing off. Is this the beginning of the end of the war mindset?
How We Brought Down a Dictator
by Bryan Farrell, Eric StonerOct 07, 2010
- 10 years later: A conversation with Srdja Popovic, a leader in the the nonviolent overthrow of Slobodan Milosevic.