Most Recent from YES! Magazine
by Heidi Werverposted Mar 31, 1998
- Traditional methods didn't work for the troubled students at the Pan Terra Alternative High School, so counselor Larry Davies turned to nature to help teach and heal them.
by Jon and Myla Kabat-Zinnposted Mar 31, 1998
- Sarah van Gelder talks with Jon and Myla Kabat-Zinn about how the Buddhist concept of mindfulness can help us to see the wholeness and beauty of our children in each moment.
IMF Bailout Questioned
by Scott Morrisposted Mar 31, 1998
- IMF Bailout Questioned
Indicator: Burma Laws
by Craig Hymsonposted Mar 31, 1998
- Cities bar business transaciton with Burma because of its repressive human rights record.
Kyoto Treaty: a new era
by Paul Gildingposted Mar 31, 1998
- the treaty marks the virtually complete acceptance of the need to dramatically reduce green house gas emissions
posted Mar 31, 1998
- You and A Journal of Positive Futures are like sex - great, and you just keep getting better!
by Timelineposted Mar 31, 1998
- Sweden taxes environmentally unfriendly industries.
Book Review: Pythagoras' Trousers by Margaret Wertheim
by Tracy Rysavyposted Mar 31, 1998
Book Review: Carrying Water as a Way of Life by Linda Tatelbaum
by Doug Pibelposted Mar 31, 1998
- In 1977, late by her own admission for the hippie back-to-the-land movement, Linda Tatelbaum moved to 72 scrub-wood acres in Maine. a collection of essays that says little about how she stayed and much about why.
Book Review: The Cobbers' Companion by Michael Smith
by Robyn Buddposted Mar 31, 1998
- Book Review - The Cobber’s Companion: How to Build Your Own Earthen Home by Michael Smith illustrated by Deanne Bednar from The Cob Cottage Company
Book Review - Losing Your Job, Reclaiming Your Soul by Mary Lynn Pulley
by Heidi Werberposted Mar 31, 1998
Book Review: On the Causes of War by Michael Andregg
by Richard Heinbergposted Mar 31, 1998
by Hardin Tibbsposted Mar 31, 1998
- scenarios are one way we tell stories of the future: catastrophe or transformation?
A Time of Shouting
by Alice Speersposted Mar 31, 1998
- In 1994 in Indianapolis, the Episcopal General Convention passed a resolution declaring the year 2000 a Jubilee year, with its commitment to the Jubilee imperatives as described in Leviticus - the forgiveness of debts, environmental stewardship, and the liberation of the enslaved.
Creating a Tale at Century's End
by Hillel Schwartzposted Mar 31, 1998
- create a story to tell ourselves at the centrury's end that our grandchildren can tell their grandchildren.