Listening, learning, and discovering shared purpose.
by Brooke Jarvisposted Jan 21, 2011
- The need to get money out of politics may be the one thing Americans agree on.
Rocky Times Ahead: Are You Ready?
by Sarah Byrnes, Chuck Collinsposted Jan 20, 2011
- This isn't a future you can, or should, face alone. How to make sure you don't have to.
Hope Amid Hatred
by Pastor Don Mackenzieposted Jan 19, 2011
- Our polarization and anger are signs of hopelessness. What can interfaith dialogue teach us about healing our wounds and coming together?
Words Matter: How Media Can Build Civility or Destroy It
by Sarah van Gelder, Brooke Jarvisposted Jan 12, 2011
- The media can, as we know, promote fear, hatred, and extremism. Can they also lead us to greater civility and more productive debate?
Shifting Sands: Jewish Women Confront the Israeli Occupation
by Linda Frankposted Dec 21, 2010
- 14 women find their voice in this collection of essays.
The Third Side of Conflict is Peace
posted Dec 20, 2010
- The secret to peace—within your family or the Middle East—could be as simple as taking a walk.
We're Still Writing “For Colored Girls”
by Jamilah Kingposted Dec 01, 2010
- Why Tyler Perry's adaptation of the classic play matters.
Animals and Us: Help Us Hatch Our Next Issue
by Sarah van Gelderposted Nov 17, 2010
- The YES! editorial team is hard at work on our spring issue about animals. Here’s an advance look at what we're planning—and a chance to share your ideas.
Rocking The Cynical World
by Madeline Ostranderposted Nov 11, 2010
- Why iconic political singer-songwriter Billy Bragg confronts fascists, Tea Parties, Glenn Beck–and his own fans.
Billy Bragg Live
posted Nov 05, 2010
- Video: Billy Bragg performs “Waiting for the Great Leap Forward” and “A Reckoning.”
Becoming an Empathic Civilization
posted Nov 04, 2010
- Video: Economist Jeremy Rifkin believes we can do it, and now he’s got cartoons to show why.
Making Peace with the Sword Verse
by Sheikh Jamal Rahmanposted Oct 13, 2010
- Sheikh Jamal Rahman on dealing with some of the Quran’s most troubling text.
The Capacity for Tolerance
by Pastor Don Mackenzieposted Sep 27, 2010
- What can Christians do about the religious intolerance made visible during the last month?
Envisioning MLK’s Dream in Today's World
by Grace Lee Boggsposted Sep 13, 2010
- Grace Boggs: We must begin the radical revolution of values that King called for, against the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism.
Interfaith Amigos: On 9/11, Getting Beyond Religious Hatred
by Rabbi Ted Falcon, Pastor Don Mackenzie, Sheikh Jamal Rahmanposted Sep 10, 2010
- Brought together by the events of 9/11, three friends from different faiths reflect on what it will take to reach the other side of hatred.