Now, Let’s Occupy the Ballot
by Van JonesFeb 28, 2012
- During election season, all eyes turn to politics. How do we ensure that the interests of the 99 percent are represented in the halls of power?
Pancho Ramos Stierle: Nonviolence Is Radical
by Sarah van GelderFeb 23, 2012
- An interview with the activist who made headlines when he was arrested while meditating at Occupy Oakland.
Let It Not Happen Again
by Clarence MoriwakiFeb 17, 2012
- Reflections on the 70th anniversary of Japanese American incarcerations.
Towards a Prophetic Politics
by Robert JensenFeb 16, 2012
- We’ve all seen what happens when religion and politics mix poorly—but does that mean there’s no place for spirit in our political lives?
Empowerment in the Classroom
by Yana KunichoffFeb 09, 2012
- How do we teach high school students to see themselves as protagonists in history? One idea involves Lupe Fiasco, Matt Damon, and the late Howard Zinn.
6 Ways to Empower Others
by StarhawkFeb 01, 2012
- What makes a good leader? The gift of strengthening everyone else.
Book Review: The Empowerment Manual
by Olivia RosaneFeb 01, 2012
- Starhawk's guide to collaborative group success.
Occupy the Dream: MLK’s Legacy in the Age of Occupy
Jan 16, 2012
- What would Martin Luther King, Jr. have made of the worldwide social movements of 2011?
Eboo Patel: Crossing the Divide— With Faith
by Kate MalongowskiJan 02, 2012
- The YES! Breakthrough 15: Arming the world’s youth to be a force for compassion.
5 Reasons to Serve
by Nipun MehtaDec 30, 2011
- What doing things for others does for ourselves.
Why Equality is Better for Everyone
by Kristy LeissleDec 27, 2011
- Book Review: Richard Wilkinson and Kate Pickett's "The Spirit Level" shows how inequality—and misery—trickle up.
When You Tell Them My Story, Please Mention That I Like Flaming Hot Cheetos
by Charles SandersonDec 21, 2011
- Rich, stuck-up hippies. Racist gun-loving trailer trash. Two teachers try to bridge the divide between their rural and urban middle schoolers by having them write each other’s narratives in poetry form.
Re-Occupy: A Movement Seeks a Sanctuary
by Nathan SchneiderDec 19, 2011
- On occupying Trinity Church—and the Occupy movement's relationship with established institutions.
Grace Lee Boggs’ Message to the Occupiers
Dec 16, 2011
- A lifelong activist shares her thoughts on revolution.
From the Farm to the Occupation
by Shannon HayesDec 07, 2011
- Shannon Hayes on taking farm politics to Occupy Wall Street...and talking about the politics of Occupy in her farming community.