Listening, learning, and discovering shared purpose.
Hope Amid Hatred
by Pastor Don Mackenzieposted Jan 19, 2011
- Our polarization and anger are signs of hopelessness. What can interfaith dialogue teach us about healing our wounds and coming together?
Words Matter: How Media Can Build Civility or Destroy It
by Sarah van Gelder, Brooke Jarvisposted Jan 12, 2011
- The media can, as we know, promote fear, hatred, and extremism. Can they also lead us to greater civility and more productive debate?
Shifting Sands: Jewish Women Confront the Israeli Occupation
by Linda Frankposted Dec 21, 2010
- 14 women find their voice in this collection of essays.
The Third Side of Conflict is Peace
posted Dec 20, 2010
- The secret to peace—within your family or the Middle East—could be as simple as taking a walk.
We're Still Writing “For Colored Girls”
by Jamilah Kingposted Dec 01, 2010
- Why Tyler Perry's adaptation of the classic play matters.
Animals and Us: Help Us Hatch Our Next Issue
by Sarah van Gelderposted Nov 17, 2010
- The YES! editorial team is hard at work on our spring issue about animals. Here’s an advance look at what we're planning—and a chance to share your ideas.
Rocking The Cynical World
by Madeline Ostranderposted Nov 11, 2010
- Why iconic political singer-songwriter Billy Bragg confronts fascists, Tea Parties, Glenn Beck–and his own fans.
Billy Bragg Live
posted Nov 05, 2010
- Video: Billy Bragg performs “Waiting for the Great Leap Forward” and “A Reckoning.”
Becoming an Empathic Civilization
posted Nov 04, 2010
- Video: Economist Jeremy Rifkin believes we can do it, and now he’s got cartoons to show why.
Making Peace with the Sword Verse
by Sheikh Jamal Rahmanposted Oct 13, 2010
- Sheikh Jamal Rahman on dealing with some of the Quran’s most troubling text.
The Capacity for Tolerance
by Pastor Don Mackenzieposted Sep 27, 2010
- What can Christians do about the religious intolerance made visible during the last month?
Envisioning MLK’s Dream in Today's World
by Grace Lee Boggsposted Sep 13, 2010
- Grace Boggs: We must begin the radical revolution of values that King called for, against the giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism.
Interfaith Amigos: On 9/11, Getting Beyond Religious Hatred
by Rabbi Ted Falcon, Pastor Don Mackenzie, Sheikh Jamal Rahmanposted Sep 10, 2010
- Brought together by the events of 9/11, three friends from different faiths reflect on what it will take to reach the other side of hatred.
Quotes from the Quran and from Rumi
by Sarah Van Gelderposted Sep 09, 2010
- Interested in what Muslim sacred texts actually say? Here's a short selection of quotes recommend by Jamal Rahman.
Eight Ways to Confront Extremism on 9/11
by Sarah van Gelderposted Sep 09, 2010
- How to further tolerance and healing on this September 11th, an especially important time to speak up.