Listening, learning, and discovering shared purpose.
How the Left and Right Can Unite
by David Kortenposted Jun 21, 2011
- If we'd stop tearing each other apart, we might see an opportunity to win back our democracy from the rich and powerful.
Census Data Shows More Multiracial Americans
by Oliver Lazenbyposted Jun 15, 2011
- With nine million multiracial Americans, the nation has come a long way.
Think Outside the Bars
by Michelle Alexanderposted Jun 08, 2011
- Why real justice means fewer prisons.
by Arthur Longworthposted Jun 03, 2011
- A conversation through the walls of solitary confinement.
Truth and Reconciliation in New York
by David Kaczynskiposted May 13, 2011
- Ex-offenders and families of victims ask, how can we resolve the tension between our need to protect society, and our desire to believe in human redemption?
From Ecotourism to Community Tourism
by John Cavanagh, Robin Broadposted May 09, 2011
- Does travel have a place in a future of "rootedness"?
Connecting Prisons With Nature
by Benjamin Drummond, Sara Joy Steeleposted May 06, 2011
- Video: Can prisons save money and the environment while changing lives?
A Student Uprising in Arizona
by Jeff Biggersposted Apr 27, 2011
- In Tucson, lawmakers want to cut ethnic studies programs. But they'll have to unchain these students first.
The Refugee Child Photographers
by V. Noah Gimbelposted Apr 26, 2011
- How photography training and disposable cameras are giving young Palestinian refugees something new—a voice.
Immigrant Youth Movement Takes a Civil Rights Lesson
by Daniel Altschulerposted Apr 19, 2011
- How young immigrant activists are learning from the the civil rights campaigners who came before them.
The World of Our Dreams
by David Kortenposted Apr 18, 2011
- I find hope in the fact that for all our wondrous differences, at the core we humans all want most of the same things. Fortunately, what we want aligns with where we need to go.
Answering Your Interfaith Questions
by Rabbi Ted Falconposted Apr 07, 2011
- If compassion is taught as the heart of all religious traditions, why is it that religion seems to divide us?
Our Animal Selves
by Linda Hoganposted Mar 09, 2011
- All around us are radiant species. What can the first peoples teach us about restoring our relationship with animals?
Tolerance in a Small Town
by Sven Eberleinposted Mar 08, 2011
- Residents rally for their Muslim neighbors when authorities target the local Islamic center.
This Motown Singer Turned His Wild Mustang Ranch Into a Summer Camp for Baltimore Kids
by Valerie Williamsposted Feb 14, 2011
- How a Motown veteran is using his passion for wild horses to help at-risk children.