Listening, learning, and discovering shared purpose.
The World of Our Dreams
by David Kortenposted Apr 18, 2011
- I find hope in the fact that for all our wondrous differences, at the core we humans all want most of the same things. Fortunately, what we want aligns with where we need to go.
Answering Your Interfaith Questions
by Rabbi Ted Falconposted Apr 07, 2011
- If compassion is taught as the heart of all religious traditions, why is it that religion seems to divide us?
Our Animal Selves
by Linda Hoganposted Mar 09, 2011
- All around us are radiant species. What can the first peoples teach us about restoring our relationship with animals?
Tolerance in a Small Town
by Sven Eberleinposted Mar 08, 2011
- Residents rally for their Muslim neighbors when authorities target the local Islamic center.
This Motown Singer Turned His Wild Mustang Ranch Into a Summer Camp for Baltimore Kids
by Valerie Williamsposted Feb 14, 2011
- How a Motown veteran is using his passion for wild horses to help at-risk children.
Thank You, Egypt
by Adrienne Maree Brownposted Feb 11, 2011
- An American organizer on Egypt's lessons in people power.
Robert Sapolsky: The Uniqueness of Humans
posted Feb 01, 2011
- What can we learn from our similarities and differences in relation to other animals?
Danny Glover: The Black Power Mixtape
posted Jan 28, 2011
- Amy Goodman sits down with Danny Glover at the Sundance Film Festival to talk about his new documentary, The Black Power Mixtape.
by Brooke Jarvisposted Jan 21, 2011
- The need to get money out of politics may be the one thing Americans agree on.
Rocky Times Ahead: Are You Ready?
by Sarah Byrnes, Chuck Collinsposted Jan 20, 2011
- This isn't a future you can, or should, face alone. How to make sure you don't have to.
Hope Amid Hatred
by Pastor Don Mackenzieposted Jan 19, 2011
- Our polarization and anger are signs of hopelessness. What can interfaith dialogue teach us about healing our wounds and coming together?
Words Matter: How Media Can Build Civility or Destroy It
by Sarah van Gelder, Brooke Jarvisposted Jan 12, 2011
- The media can, as we know, promote fear, hatred, and extremism. Can they also lead us to greater civility and more productive debate?
Shifting Sands: Jewish Women Confront the Israeli Occupation
by Linda Frankposted Dec 21, 2010
- 14 women find their voice in this collection of essays.
The Third Side of Conflict is Peace
posted Dec 20, 2010
- The secret to peace—within your family or the Middle East—could be as simple as taking a walk.
We're Still Writing “For Colored Girls”
by Jamilah Kingposted Dec 01, 2010
- Why Tyler Perry's adaptation of the classic play matters.