Listening, learning, and discovering shared purpose.
This Motown Singer Turned His Wild Mustang Ranch Into a Summer Camp for Baltimore Kids
by Valerie Williamsposted Feb 14, 2011
- How a Motown veteran is using his passion for wild horses to help at-risk children.
Thank You, Egypt
by Adrienne Maree Brownposted Feb 11, 2011
- An American organizer on Egypt's lessons in people power.
Robert Sapolsky: The Uniqueness of Humans
posted Feb 01, 2011
- What can we learn from our similarities and differences in relation to other animals?
Danny Glover: The Black Power Mixtape
posted Jan 28, 2011
- Amy Goodman sits down with Danny Glover at the Sundance Film Festival to talk about his new documentary, The Black Power Mixtape.
by Brooke Jarvisposted Jan 21, 2011
- The need to get money out of politics may be the one thing Americans agree on.
Rocky Times Ahead: Are You Ready?
by Sarah Byrnes, Chuck Collinsposted Jan 20, 2011
- This isn't a future you can, or should, face alone. How to make sure you don't have to.
Hope Amid Hatred
by Pastor Don Mackenzieposted Jan 19, 2011
- Our polarization and anger are signs of hopelessness. What can interfaith dialogue teach us about healing our wounds and coming together?
Words Matter: How Media Can Build Civility or Destroy It
by Sarah van Gelder, Brooke Jarvisposted Jan 12, 2011
- The media can, as we know, promote fear, hatred, and extremism. Can they also lead us to greater civility and more productive debate?
Shifting Sands: Jewish Women Confront the Israeli Occupation
by Linda Frankposted Dec 21, 2010
- 14 women find their voice in this collection of essays.
The Third Side of Conflict is Peace
posted Dec 20, 2010
- The secret to peace—within your family or the Middle East—could be as simple as taking a walk.
We're Still Writing “For Colored Girls”
by Jamilah Kingposted Dec 01, 2010
- Why Tyler Perry's adaptation of the classic play matters.
Animals and Us: Help Us Hatch Our Next Issue
by Sarah van Gelderposted Nov 17, 2010
- The YES! editorial team is hard at work on our spring issue about animals. Here’s an advance look at what we're planning—and a chance to share your ideas.
Rocking The Cynical World
by Madeline Ostranderposted Nov 11, 2010
- Why iconic political singer-songwriter Billy Bragg confronts fascists, Tea Parties, Glenn Beck–and his own fans.
Billy Bragg Live
posted Nov 05, 2010
- Video: Billy Bragg performs “Waiting for the Great Leap Forward” and “A Reckoning.”
Becoming an Empathic Civilization
posted Nov 04, 2010
- Video: Economist Jeremy Rifkin believes we can do it, and now he’s got cartoons to show why.