Listening, learning, and discovering shared purpose.
Rejecting Arizona: States Say No to Anti-Immigrant Bills
by Suman Raghunathanposted Aug 11, 2010
- Despite the hype, states are finding lots of reasons not to follow in Arizona's footsteps.
More Than A Mantra: “We’re All in This Together”
by Margaret Wheatleyposted Jul 27, 2010
- Even in this fractured time, we can find strength in solidarity.
Listening Across the Divide
by Rabbi Ted Falconposted Jul 26, 2010
- How do we work with others who believe that theirs is the Only Way?
When Numbers Aren’t Enough
by Paul Loebposted Jul 07, 2010
- Statistics rarely get under our skin, but stories do. Paul Loeb offers advice for catalyzing social change.
Common Ground in a Liquid City
by Sarah Kuckposted Jun 25, 2010
- Re-imagining our cities is the best chance we have to create prosperity, lower our carbon emissions, and save what’s left of the natural world.
Beyond the Blame Game
by Rabbi Ted Falconposted Jun 11, 2010
- How can we step into the experience of the other and learn that true dialogue is possible only when blame is shared.
Hate Groups? Not in Our School
posted Jun 10, 2010
- When an anti-gay hate group decided to visit their school, the students of Gunn High drowned out their protest with a celebration of acceptance.
Perseverance: Lost in the Gulf of Mexico
by Margaret Wheatleyposted Jun 04, 2010
- We need to surrender our need to blame, acknowledge that we are truly lost, and then reclaim our capacity to think together if we are to find a way to solutions.
A World of Oneness
by Pastor Don Mackenzieposted May 27, 2010
- How relinquishing our innate pursuit of power and embracing compassion can lead to a more peaceful world.
The 21st Century Civil Rights Movement
by Kety Esquivelposted May 18, 2010
- Arizona's new immigration law has awakened a sleeping giant.
Beyond Us and Them
by Sheikh Jamal Rahmanposted Apr 30, 2010
- Very often, what we dislike in others is something that we need to acknowledge, heal, integrate, and empower in ourselves.
Getting to the Heart of Interfaith
by Rev. Wendy L. Bellposted Apr 13, 2010
- The Eye-Opening, Hope-Filled Friendship of a Pastor, a Rabbi & a Sheikh.
In America: Getting Beyond the Hate
by Sarah van Gelderposted Mar 26, 2010
- Race-baiting at recent tea party rallies is the most recent sign that we have a long way to go to move beyond racism in the United States. But there are exciting signs that a move to a post-racial society is possible and may even be underway.
Nina Jablonski—The Illusion and Power of Skin Color
posted Mar 26, 2010
- Nina Jablonski says that differing skin colors are simply our bodies' adaptation to varied climates and levels of UV exposure.
Where Are Latinos in a Future Multiracial Society?
by Raúl Quiñones-Rosadoposted Mar 22, 2010
- The U.S. Census and other institutions fail to recognize a unique Latino racial identity. If we are to have a future as a truly multiracial society, this has to change.